IOS 7: stray pixel on volume/scrub slider

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cleo1, Jul 22, 2013.

1. cleo1 macrumors regular

Next time you're in the video UI, drag either the volume or scrub slider to zero position. See that ugly little pixel sticking out from the left of the circle? Now drag slider to far right position. See? No pixel. There were a lot of these sorts of errors initially, but they were mostly solved by beta 2.

2. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

Yeah, the progress bar protrudes from the left of the little circle by a pixel or two! **** this, I'm downgrading to iOS 6! Simply unacceptable.

3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Dear lord. It's not finished.

Want to give Apple a laugh? Submit a rdar for it. I'm sure they'll really appreciate it.

4. heyyoudvd macrumors regular

I truly hope that Apple never lowers itself to the standards that you guys have set for it.

The thing that differentiates Apple from all other tech companies is its obsession with perfectionism. We're talking about a company that was built by a guy who would make urgent weekend phone calls to Google to fix the yellow gradient in one of the letters in the Google icon for iPhone.

Apple is obsessive about getting all the fine details right. That's what the company is all about. The moment it loses this obsessiveness is the moment that Apple becomes like any other company out there.

So yes, he absolutely should submit a Radar of that pixel issue. While it may be a much smaller issue than many of the others that currently exist with iOS 7, I guarantee that Apple engineers will take it seriously.

5. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

:rolleyes: What low standards? Apple's new icons and UI inconsistencies aren't up to my standards, so I hardly care about a slider that's innacurate for the first millisecond of video playback.

The same man who obsessed over small details also backed iOS's previous skuemorphic design. His attention to detail isn't particularly relevant considering how much has changed. Apple isn't doomed or even mediocre, but it isn't Steve's anymore.

6. AQUADock, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013

AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

I'd rather have a slightly overly colourful OS with a decent feature set than one with an mediocre amount of features made by someone who would do almost nothing in a period of a year to the OS.

7. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

I think your forget who designed iOS...

8. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

I don't really care if he designed iOS what is important is keeping it relevant, which he wasn't.

9. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

He wasn't? What do you think he is still doing as an advisor in Apple?