iOS 7 Task switcher

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Armen, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I'm really happy right now.:)

Someone actually took the idea I had to flick the home screen card up in the task switcher to "close all apps" and turned it into a jailbreak tweak named Switchspring. Not only are you given the option to "close all apps" but you can also respring from it. Brilliant!

2. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

3. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

sorry, left my speech in my other browser.

4. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Lol, I was being silly.
    It's great that your "vision" has made it's way in to users hands. Good job :)

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

armen to that!!

this should probably be in the jailbreak forum since its a tweak.

6. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

You're probably right but I posted it here since the original discussion started here.

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I have honestly never found the need to close any apps on my iOS devices, save for the infrequent app which acts up. Doesn't anyone think that it's thanks to jailbreak features like this which give people the mistaken impression that they must do so to maintain their phone? :confused:

8. Armen thread starter macrumors 604

Armen

It's common knowledge that you do not need to close any of the "apps" listed in the task switcher as a maintenance routine.

Honestly, the feature is specifically there (in my opinion) to close an app that is misbehaving or hung up in order to re-launch it.

What I don't understand is why Apple added the ability to swipe up 2-3 cards up at a time to close them. What is the purpose of this? If you're going to let us close 2-3 at a time why not all?

9. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

That's true but Apple gives us just "what we need" - not "what we want".

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's very likely Apple just made the cards swipable and then whatever is on the screen you can swipe--basically they probably didn't specifically plan it having it in mind that this ability should be there it just works that way because whatever is on the screen can be swiped.

11. cynics macrumors G3

You don't NEED to if you don't use the task switcher as a task switcher. It's not easy and convenient if you have 50 apps in it to scroll through to find what you are looking for. If you just leave everything open you might as well find the app on your home screens.

I close the random apps I rarely use and leave the ones I use constantly in there. Usually it's just phone, messages, FB, tapatalk and email or something like that.

That's based on you saying you don't close "any" app. A close all isn't required but I could see the convenience.