iOS 7 Too White

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Wicked1, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Anyone else think 7 is just too white all around, keyboard at times is hard to use and telling if you are in caps is tricky

2. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

You're right. It needs to be more multicultural. ;) :D

3. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

I don't really care but there is no denying that the iOS 7 UI is really really white.

4. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

I found that I had to turn down the brightness on my iPad to use IOS7 for prolonged periods.

5. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I have the white iPhone. And I think it looks great on it. When I had the black one, it really did not fit with phone itself.

As far as not being able to see cause of the UI. I don't really think it is that bad. I have probs just cause I have bad eyes and could use a bigger screen though.

6. xcodeaddict macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

Go into accessibility settings and turn on "high contrast" - hope that helps your dislike of too much white :)

7. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Does it insult you personally that people discuss their issue's with Apple's "New Coke"?

8. falconeight Guest

falconeight

No but does it upset you that the "new coke" argument is played out?

9. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I don't think it's played out as long as Apple pushes this Rainbow Bright theme onto us, if everyone accepts mediocrity, mediocrity is all we'll get.

10. falconeight Guest

falconeight

I like the OS. Its not a theme its a operating system.

11. AQUADock, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013

AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

Saying you constantly dislike it on Macrumors will make no difference Apple doesn't read these forums.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Maybe not this particular forum, but enough people complaining about an issue does elicit results -- remember Maps? Or antennagate?

13. xcodeaddict macrumors 6502a

xcodeaddict

14. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Chill. Not long after iOS 7 is released a jailbreak will arrive. Then you can insert some black into the interface as you please.

15. thomas rock macrumors newbie

yeah, i agree with your opinion;).

16. bushido Suspended

bushido

the black..ish keyboard of the spotlight search should be the default layout instead of the white imo

17. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

We need an official iOS complaints thread so nobody has to look at these trash topics scrolling down the board

18. Ottoman1 macrumors regular

Yes. Please make a sticky complaint thread - problem solved. I think some may be worried how many posts would appear there...

19. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

Opinions of those that dislike IOS7 design elements are just as valid as the opinions of those whom like those design elements. A single thread for IOS7 complaints makes about as much sense as a single thread for discussion of IOS7 features, a single thread for discussion of IOS7 benefits, etc.

You might as well get used to the complaints now, because if Apple makes few changes between now and release, the number of complaints will increase 100-fold in three to four months. Various polls on this forum show that between 20% and 30% of Macosrumors posters strongly dislike portions of the IOS7 design.

20. auero macrumors 65816

It's extremely white. I turn my brightness down often (thank goodness for control center). Unfortunately, that's probably not going to change so we just have to deal with it. On the plus side maybe we'll see better battery life. :p

21. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

I remember how those made no discernible impact on Apple's bottom line whatsoever.

22. Arran, Jul 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013

Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I haven't used ios7 yet, but it is a concern as I use my phone for music and navigation in my car - particularly at night.

In ios6, switching from a black background screen to a pale grey one within the iPod app can be quite dazzling. My phone is mounted high on the dashboard (so I can keep one eye on the road when I glance at it) making the bright screen even more intrusive.

23. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Agreed. It really needs that smokey black look as an option at least for night time. The bright white is hard to look at in a dim space. Turn on Private browsing in Safari to see how great it looks. This is coming from someone who generally likes the frosted white theme too.

Attached Files:

24. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I guess some of you haven't noticed that some websites are starting to look like that with a lot of white. Yahoo.com, cracked.com (which got updated recently). It's the new trend of Flat and white.