iOS 7 troubleshooting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macairmore, Jul 18, 2013.

1. macairmore macrumors newbie

so i messed up, i had successfully installed betas 1-3 and i was going to downgrade today due to glitches, and when i was clicking on the 6.13 i accidentally upgraded to the 7 which made it ask for the developer account... is there anyway i can start over? or will i have to register as a developer? i would register as a developer to fix it but the sign up is down, and I'm not sure why, probably shouldn't have downloaded it to begin with but i was too excited

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

This doesn't make sense. You installed betas 1-3, were going to downgrade back to iOS6, but accidentally upgraded to iOS7 and you don't know what to do? :confused:

What am I missing. Why wouldn't you just do the downgrade again and pay attention to what you click on?

3. macairmore thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, that was wordy, because i'm not a developer I installed the ios 7 betas by using (option + Click + Update Iphone) then choosing the downloaded firmware. If I make sure I click on Update and not restore then it will not ask for my developer account. But when i was downgrading back to ios6 I clicked (Option + Restore) then when i chose my firmware I clicked on ios7 instead of 6, so when it installed it asked for my developer and since i am not one it is stuck on the unathorized screen and is useless. i was wondering if there is a way to fix this without becoming a developer, i wouldnt mind doing it that way but developer registration is down and i am phoneless.

----------

See Comment ^^^

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

5. macairmore thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks so much it worked! i had never heard of DFU mode,