ios 7 users with iPhone 5s - question about lock screen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by eroxx, Oct 3, 2013.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

In preferences, I have it set up to allow me to "reply with message" without needing a passcode. however, if someone texts me and its on the lock screen, it's requiring it .. ???

2. heathpitts macrumors member

That's only for the feature "reply with message" when someone is calling

3. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

That's how I understand it to be as well.

4. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aaaaah gotcha. thanks.

I wish that instead of deleting the iPhone after 10 missed attempts, it instead would make you go to a LONGER passcode (instead of the 4 digits) ...

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

You don't have to enable that feature that erases your phone after 10 missed attempts. And remember, after the 5th unique wrong attempt it will start locking you out of trying to enter more codes for longer and longer periods of time, making it that much harder/longer/annoying to get to that wrong 10th attempt.

6. Dhrystone macrumors newbie

Dhrystone

If you go into Settings > General > Paccoce & Fingerprint, you can turn off "Erase Data," and it won't erase after 10 failed attempts. Also, you can turn off "Simple Passcode," which will require a more complex password to unlock the phone.

7. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

I wish that I could answer that question, but my IPhone 5S is still on Back Order, which makes me very unhappy that Apple has Resumed the Ability to pick up IPhone 5S orders at a local Apple Store while my Shipping Order is still Back Ordered.

8. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Cancel and reorder for pick up?

9. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

Can't do that because I don't drive anymore due to the number of Medications that I take and I also have trouble getting a good night sleep (also due to the Meds that I take) which would make it very difficult to wake up at the correct time and take Public Transportation to my Local Apple Store. There are some mornings where I wake up very early in the morning after having a bad dream, there are other mornings where I just simply have trouble waking up early in the morning, bottom line it sucks having a Mental Disorder like I have.

10. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

Update: Today my IPhone 5S Order Status changed to Preparing for Shipment: 16 GB Gold IPhone 5S so I should be getting it sometime next week!