iOS 7 VIDEOS: No titles for movies

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by socalj, Sep 18, 2013.

1. JohnArtist macrumors member

Thought so, but where?

I thought so, but I can't find it. I did a search, nada. I looked in Apps in iTunes. Not there either. Stumped!

I think I deleted it years ago (had my 3G for about 4 yrs before upgrading to iPhone 5 in May). So, how do I get it back. Installing iOS7 didn't add it back in. :( I just tried launching it with Siri, and it worked -- but I just want to finger-tap the App. Don't want to wake the wife while watching movies in bed. :)

(And yes, been Googl'ing it for an hour, and can't find answer). :)

2. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

It's a stock app, you can't delete it. It's called 'videos' - maybe you need to do a restore.

3. JohnArtist macrumors member

Whoot! There it is!

HA! Found it. Buried, buried, buried. Maybe it was the new color scheme that made my eyes gloss over it. (I used to just access videos and the like through iTunes in iOS6, so I am not completely used to the "Videos" icon.)

Odd how Search on iphone didn't find it, nor in iTunes on my Mac.

Thanks for the tips -- appreciate it! :) I was about to restore.

4. SilverSamurai macrumors newbie

What do you use to add artwork? The problem with the home videos option is that there is no unwatched indicator.

Thanks.

5. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

That's precisely why if you tag the movie as "Home Video" it does display the title. Apple knows your home movies aren't going to have album art. That's why there's a separate "Home Video" category that displays differently than the "Movie" category.

6. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I just google image search. I then set my search tools to search for large images and search by the movie title and add the word poster after the title.

I haven't found a good automatic artwork program.

7. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Its not on the iPhone. You do it in iTunes on the computer and resync.

Another option is to edit the metadata and add a title. That's really likely why it's blank. That field is so there's nothing to feed the display on devices.

8. Mardrom macrumors newbie

I have been using itunes on iphone for all my training films. Different teachers. Loads of films.
    I can make folders of the different subjects in itunes to keep the films organized. Many of them start 1a 2a 3a etc etc etc so having folders for each subject stops them from getting mixed up. 1a 1b 1c etc etc etc
    But.. Even though this is available in iTunes it surprisingly and dissapointingly no longer transfers to the iPhone. There was a way around this by changing the movie kind to music video. Then and only then would the folders of films appear in the music app. Great.
    Now with ios7 this just got even worse. Ios6 had a terrible movie app. You could make folders but not use them. Get around the problem by changing kind to music video so bypassing the crap movie app.
    Now in ios7 even this workaround is now sabotaged by the fact that when turning your music video to landscape mode we get a failure version of the lively coverflow that once was. So have not found a workaround for this yet and my lovely mac item that used to be so functional is sadly becoming an expensive irritation.
    I have no explanation for this speedy entropy. At first we might all think, Yup, so now we see what Steve was so beautifully controlling. And perhaps now in all the jockeying for the thrown everything is turning into a plain and simple mess. I just hope we dont get little dogs with their tales wagging soon. Omg.