iOS 7 Videos Question

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jakesteramma, Jul 17, 2013.

1. jakesteramma macrumors member

First off, I'm a newbie Apple Developer. I paid for the developer program so I can learn iOS 7 and Mavericks ahead of time so I can post videos on YouTube when they come out.

My question: As developers, are we allowed to post videos on YouTube of iOS 7 Beta and Mavericks right now?

I hear all the time about Apple's secrecy but I see many videos on YouTube already about the betas.

I do want to stay legit and follows Apple's rules.

Thanks. :)

2. Soyox macrumors member

read you dev contract.

3. jakesteramma thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the slightly helpful response.

Let me rephrase my question...

Can someone help me find the Developers Contract on Apple's website so I can read it?

4. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

I don't think you paid to be a developer.

If so, how much did you paid? and how come you don't know where to find the developers contract?

5. Sonnestah macrumors regular

Ah, please, get lost :rolleyes:

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

To legitimately use the betas, yes, you do need to have a paid developer account.

To the OP, you should have been presented with the contract, read it, and agreed to the terms. I'm assuming that there is a way to access it through the developer portal.

7. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

8. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

You didn't understand me or didn't read my first comment right, I meant, If he actually paid, he should've read the contract, If he actually paid to be a developer, he shouldn't be asking where to find a dev contract in MacRumors, it just doesn't make sense to me, that's all.

9. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

10. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

It's not like anyone reads them ;)

11. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I read it all..

Twice.

;)

12. jakesteramma thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!!! :D

Thank you too Tyler23 for being helpful.

In case anyone else needs to view the contracts, here's another way to navigate to them...

Member Center(upper right of the webpage) -> Your Account -> Legal Agreements

13. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You are a better person than I am :)

I also don't read EULA's

14. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You are right! I did not read your comment correctly. I think with all the other statements being made on these forums, I accidently read your comment as "I don't think you need to pay to be a developer."

Reading it again, you are indeed correct and my response to your comment is just, dumb. :cool:

15. jakesteramma thread starter macrumors member

Some people have a difficult time understanding how to apply all the legal dialog of a contract to their specific situation.

Also, just because a person pays for a developer account, it doesn't mean that that person automatically knows how to navigate the developer website and knows where to find everything.

Therefore, I thought that a forum dedicated to Apple developers would be a good bet to ask for help.

And I was correct, I found help. And to those who are helpful, thank you very much. I truly appreciate it.

16. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Just a note, this is not a Apple Developer forum, the actual Apple Developer forum is here.
    Actual Apple engineers participate in threads and are very helpful to new developers.

17. jakesteramma thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!

18. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You're welcome. My suggestion is to start there when you have a problem. The search works well and you can tell pretty fast if you are alone or others have the same problem. Often they will include their Radar number so you can include it in your bug report.

19. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Generally, you are not allowed to.

However, Apple surely won't track you down. I too have a dev account and also published three in-depth articles (under my real name) on the new Camera API's of iOS7 2-3 weeks ago. That is, you are highly unlikely to be prosecuted by Apple either.

20. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

Except for the fact that if Apple wants to, they can. Posting a quick little comment here or there is one thing (still not allowed), but posting three "in-depth" articles is definitely in violation of the legal documents you agreed to.

The correct answer is, no. You are not allowed to discuss/disclose information about Apple pre-release hardware or software outside of the approved developers sections.