Resolved iOS 7 waiting blank grid icon

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Derang3d, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Derang3d, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013

Derang3d macrumors newbie

I've had this icon appear on my home screen several days ago and it won't go away no matter what I do.

So far I've tried:

• Signing out of the appstore
    • Rebooting the phone
    • Switching it off and on again
    • Syncing with iTunes
    • Tapping on the icon (to try and resume)
    • Tapping and holding the icon (no remove option appears)

Anyone have any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. munakib macrumors 6502

Such a refreshing image...Are we back in 1970? :)

3. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

AntnyMikal

I had this on my 5s when installing apps from restore. Not exactly sure what it was, but after I agreed to new terms in iTunes they started going away or loading. I had it for a handful of apps.

On my 4s I had the same thing right after the update. I had to do a restore since it was JB. I noticed some apps said an update was available for some apps, but as soon as I hit update they went into the gray box waiting thing. After multiple log in/off iTunes agreement would show up and some would actually download. It was like iTunes was acting funky with the agreements.

I've also noticed in the past that if they're larger apps and I try cellular vs wifi, sometimes the cellular downloads timeout and get stuck in loop. Only way I could fix it was multiple hard resets and/or log in/off(s).

Hope this helps somehow.

4. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

5. TheRainKing macrumors 6502a

TheRainKing

Haha. Sums up iOS 7 pretty well.

6. Derang3d, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013

Derang3d thread starter macrumors newbie

I managed to solve this in the end by doing the following:

1. Deleting any recent apps that I had downloaded in the past week or so (looking against the purchased list in the AppStore app)
    2. Redownloading each app in the AppStore's purchased list by tapping on the download button.
    The app in my case was a game called Pivvot and I believe it got stuck as I was transitioning from an area of 4G connectivity to a wifi enabled network. It downloaded successfully but there was a duplicate copy represented by the blank grid icon that got stuck in that "waiting" state.

Hope this helps anyone else.