iOS 7 Wallpaper with Passcode Lock

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MBP123, Sep 26, 2013.

1. MBP123 macrumors regular

I noticed that when I set the passcode/fingerprint scanner, my wallpaper is blurred prior to inputting it after waking the screen. Does anyone know if I can have my background display before "slide to unlock." Right now it is blurred out.

When I remove the passcode lock, it displays normally. Is this how it is supposed to function in iOS 7?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

When you just wake the phone, without swiping to unlock (without the passcode), it is not blurred. Only once you swipe and reach the passcode screen is it blurred.

When you don't have a passcode set, it is not blurred, and when you swipe to unlock it goes straight to your home screen.

Your background does display before slide to unlock, and it is not blurred.

Do you have notifications on the screen when you unlock? The background will be blurred behind the notifications on the lock screen, but if you have no notifications, it will not be blurred. If you have notifications, just pull down notification center, then dismiss it and you'll be back to the clear home screen.

3. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah that's what is weird to me. I haven't swiped to unlock and don't have any notifications, but it is still blurred. I'm thinking there is some setting that I must have which is causing this but can't figure it out. I used to be a Genius at the Apple Store for God's sake!

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There is no setting..Are you sure you don't just have a blurry wallpaper? (not trying to be rude - just..you never know these days :cool: )

Could you post a picture of your lock screen, and your home screen (if they're the same wallpaper), or just of the lock screen and the wallpaper you're trying to use?

5. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha yes I am sure that it's not blurry wallpaper.

It isn't blurry behind the icons when I unlock the phone, nor was it before I set a passcode lock/fingerprint. And not notifications, so this is quite odd.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

So it's blurry from the moment you wake the device, before you do any more interacting with it?

Could you post a screenshot?

7. MBP123 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, looks like there isn't anything a hard reset can't fix. Thanks for all the help though!

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Sure thing - that was going to be my next suggestion..