iOS 7 was beautiful, clean will Mac app also get redesign?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by auzzuro, Jun 29, 2013.

1. auzzuro macrumors regular

i truly like ios 7 design .. there is a question in my mind lately will mac app overall get redesign? i find that the mac app look old compare to ios 7 hopefully overall mac software also get redesign

2. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

Mac app?

3. auzzuro thread starter macrumors regular

4. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

There is plenty of information about Mavericks that will answer your question.

5. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

I doubt the design change will be as dramatic as going from iOS6 to iOS7, but I highly expect that before the Mavericks beta process is over, or in OS X 10.10 (11.0?) they will change all of the icons and the dock to correspond with iOS.

6. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Mavericks is getting rid of skeumorphic design in it's native apps, but for the most part still looks very much like Mountain Lion. I don't expect any major graphical rehaul in OS X for a while, since graphically not much changes between the Developer Previews and the Gold Master in my experience, not to mention the naming transition from cats to places in California should have also been an opportune time to have a graphical rehaul, if they want to have one.

7. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

8. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

No it's not

9. snerkler macrumors 6502a

For me there's parts of iOS 7 which are nicer, but on the whole I prefer iOS 6. I have spent considerable time with iOS 7 now and still prefer iOS 6. iOS 6 still looks more professional/grown up imo. iOS 7 probably suits children and teenagers better.