iOS 7 will become way better after a jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Paradoxally, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

First off, I think iOS 7 has grown to a point where it can be used as a daily driver. Beta 3 was too unstable, though very usable, and I ended up reverting to 6.1.4. However, since b4, I have not felt the need to downgrade. Battery life is a little worse (I expect this), but overall it feels fresh.

However, once/if a jailbreak is released, it will make things way better. I understand this thread is way, way ahead of even the final release of iOS.

Things I'm looking forward to are:

- Changing those awful stock icons to some made on dribbble
    - f.lux so that white doesn't burn my eyes at night
    - Changing the font to Boxii (love this font on iOS 6 using Bytafont)
    - Springtomize to give those app labels some drop shadows
    - BiteSMS quick reply
    - NCSettings for quick toggles that are more than just those Apple gives us in CC (come on, no cellular or location services toggle? gotta be kidding me)
    - Zephyr. This is hands down my favorite tweak ever in iOS 6. It saves my home button from crapping out after 2 years like my iPod 4th gen did. I hope they find a way to tie it into the new multitasking screen, because that slide up gesture now triggers CC.
    - Activator for changing a track by simply holding down volume buttons

So yes, I miss my jailbreak, and using stock iOS 7 is definitely a very different experience. However, I like where Apple is headed with this new version of iOS, although once customization is available, iOS 7 will definitely be a fantastic OS. Tweaks will probably need a massive overhaul, because the new design probably messed up a lot of existing tweaks.

What are you looking forward to doing once a jailbreak is released/what do you miss from jailbroken iOS 6?

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

The only reason I would jailbreak iOS 7 is to get some Siri improvements, to get more Moto X type hands-free functionality.

3. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

You thinkin what Im thinkin?

PS3 emulator via Airplay controlled with the phone as the controller!!

Just plug in an Apple TV anywhere and pull your phone out!

4. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

I'll add Mail Enhancer Pro. This is my single most missed feature. The rest I could live without.

5. Jeoman macrumors newbie

Fakeclockup. These animations are way too slow and annoying...

6. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

The only two reasons I ever wanted to jailbreak were to have NC-like settings, and to cheat the tethering system. With NC I couldn't care less about jailbreaking.

7. canucksfan88 macrumors 6502a

canucksfan88

sorry not for me. ios7 gave me CC, which was the only reason i jb.

im happy now

8. GBR macrumors 6502

Actually, I'm hoping for the opposite in that iOS 7 will hopefully give me no reason to have jailbreak anymore. I originally JB my iPhone 5 just for fun to tweak it, nothing really functional I'd miss too much. Then, I bought a pebble watch and found I need my phone JB to get any notification other than iMessage/SMS... So I'm hoping that iOS 7 fixes the issue with limited notifications over Bluetooth and therefore removes my need to JB.

9. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

The biggest reasons I jailbreak is Ifile, my3g, and unlimited pandora skips etc

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

iOS 7 will become way better after a jailbreak

Same with iOS8, 9, and 10.

Only question is how long will it take to be released.