iOS 7 With SpyWare and Viruses?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Ltaa09, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Ltaa09 macrumors newbie

Ok so I've been having this problem with my iPhone 5 on iOS 7 beta 6, I'm a registered UDID from ***** and my phone takes about 3 minutes to boot. So i was looking around and found that a reason it takes so long to boot is because i downloaded it from a third party and it could be loaded with spyware and things like that because its from a third party. Is this true? And should i go back to iOS 6 until the release or until i can go download iOS 7 when i pay my dev account again? Please let me know.

2. stuffradio macrumors 65816

The moral of the story? Pay Apple for your dev account. Betas are meant to report bugs when things go wrong, not meant to have the latest version before others.

3. Rogifan, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013

Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Why would you download from a 3rd party if you're a registered developer?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's a well known bug with the betas. Sounds like you should not have iOS 7 on your device.

5. FrancoisC macrumors 6502

FrancoisC

There is no virus or whatnot for iOS.

Think about it, if you could put malware on an ISPW that easily, and have the iPhone accept it, it would make jailbreaking very very easy.

iTunes verify the file before restoring, so your problem is not because you got the file from a 3rd party.

6. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

7. lancastor macrumors 6502a

It's a known bug. Turn on "Passcode lock" and the iPhone boots fast.

8. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Why don't you ask this in the developer's forums? Oh wait...

9. vigilant, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013

vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

Its sad, my wife understands that beta software breaks more then the non-devs installing iOS 7, and has an easier time with it.

It's incredibly unlikely that there is virus or spyware on your phone. This would be very similar to jailbreaks whichever take normally months to do on a new OS. iOS 7 is just development software and does break as it's not finished yet.

10. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

It's a bug with betas 5 and 6. I have the same bug. It has NOTHING to do with viruses and spyware. When you sync the software, it verifies with Apple that it matches their software file exactly.

You can fix it by turning passcode lock on or restoring the phone.

11. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

It's just a bug. iOS is a closed operating system, so malware and viruses are extremely unlikely.

And either:

A) Become a registered developer.

B) Downgrade to iOS 6

C) Wait for iOS 7 to be released September 20th

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you really think that a virus or something of the sort is behind beta issues (that have been discussed a fair bit as well in a lot of places online by this point in time) then you are much better off simply going back to iOS 6 and not bothering with any betas or anything like that. This is the simplest and likely the best of soliton all around given everything.