Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
I am thinking of making a developer account because i would like to try out iOS 7 on my iPhone and iPad. Has anyone done this? if so can i downgrade back to iOS 6? or should i just wait?

Northernist

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2013

If you have to ask you probably shouldn't do it, that's all..

Nothing against you personally but all the information you could possibly need about running the iOS 7 beta is a Google search away. It requires a developer account for a reason..

PrometheusGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012

Because its in early beta. It's not as stable as it will be. It's meant for developers to test, and to use in developing apps that will run effectively on it when it is released publically. Unless you're doing one of those two things, it's best to wait for the final public release.

HarryAinslie

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2011
Doncaster, England, UK
IMO if you want to pay the Developer fee to get it then that's entirely up to you.

As long as you understand that it is a Beta and there are a lot of improvements to be made.

it is highly likely that your phone will just switch off then back on and some apps won't work properly and battery life is shorter etc. If you can cope with all of these then go ahead, if not, then i'd wait mate!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.