Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Hi,

Does anybody can share, how does 4S run IOS 7.0.6? I knew, it will have some lag and delay, but does some performance-related tweaks, like NoSlowAnimation and enabling reduce motion can make 4S as responsive as like on IOS 5 or 6?

I think, eventually I need to upgrade due to many applications require minimum IOS6 and IOS7 (I missed the upgrade when 6.1.2 released).

Thanks for sharing.

Isa

StinkyDonk

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2012
I just upgraded from iOS 5.1.1. & i don't notice anything slow (yes i JB'd).

The battery life is slightly reduced i've found, but nothing like what i've read. I've read people complaining of needing to recharge it 3 times a day. My brother who doesn't have 5 minutes without his phone only needs 1 charge until evening. These people must be playing games on it on full brightness & nothing else.

On iOS 5.1.1., by say 7pm i would be around 50%-60%.
On iOS 7.0.6 by the same time i'm around 40%-50%.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Thanks for the sharing. May I know, do you use iBlacklist? Does it make the phone sluggish a little bit? iBlacklist is the heaviest one and sometimes in my case, it made slightly delay when I answer call / reply sms. Thanks

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Thanks for the sharing. May I know, do you use iBlacklist? Does it make the phone sluggish a little bit? iBlacklist is the heaviest one and sometimes in my case, it made slightly delay when I answer call / reply sms. Thanks

Dunno - I don't use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.