iOS 8.0.1 caused massive battery drain during standby

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chriz74, Sep 25, 2014.

1. chriz74 macrumors member

Where I could get 5 hours use and 12 hours standby now, without modyfing anything the phone lasted 3 hours in use and 12 in standby. I now tried a reset and I am charging from zero. Let's see what happens. One thing for sure, I had to turn off every feature including transparency to get a decent behaviour. At this point I think I could get back to iOS 7.1.2 (don't tell me I can,t, I can) as I am not getting anything new and relevant with 8 anyways.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

theres a reason why apple pulled the 8.0.1 update an hour after it was released and told everyone to revert back to 8.0.

3. chriz74 thread starter macrumors member

yes, and it was not related to battery

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I'm running 8.0.1 on my 5S and Air and haven't noticed any unusually batt. drain.

5. chriz74 thread starter macrumors member

I'll let you know if the reset solved the thing.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

maybe, maybe not. it wasnt out long enough to determine for most people. however one of the many other bugs in it could be effecting battery life in some other way. ios 8 as a whole isnt exactly free of issues. the reasons it was pulled may not be directly related to battery drain, but if apple felt it was just fine for the 5 and 5S they wouldnt have yanked it for them too. we cant confirm or deny that it isnt prone to battery issues, regardless if it wasnt pulled for that reason.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I may to retract my first post and it looks like your are right. I went for a run and now my batt is lower than it should be. Digifit is the App I used for recording (GPS) and looks about right. However Home & Lock Screen at 23% sounds VERY high. I also did't get steps info in Health. I may revert back to 8.0.

[​IMG]

8. chriz74 thread starter macrumors member

try a reset, now I am getting 3 hours and 8 minutes usage and 5 and 1/2 hours standby and 44% battery left

9. adm58 macrumors regular

Well, if your phone was affected with the "no service" issue, maybe the phone was continually trying and failing to acquire a signal...that'd kill the battery pretty quickly.

10. chriz74 thread starter macrumors member

no it didn't

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Looking at my pic that IS clearly not the case.:D