iOS 8.0.1 epik fail on iPhone 5

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
It still heats up, battery dies even faster now, Wi-Fi Sync not working correctly and iTunes Match not working correctly it showing on iPhone I supposedly have music on it when I do not they are all in the cloud.

EPIK FAIL APPLE you better give customers something back or you going to lose a bunch of them.

Last edited:

lwood1

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
SoCal
It still heats up, battery dies even faster now, Wi-Fi Sync not working correctly and iTunes Match not working correctly it showing on iPhone I supposedly have music on it when I do not they are all in the cloud.

EPIK FAIL APPLE you better give customers something back or you going to lose a bunch of them.
Guess I got lucky then.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

I'm trying to downgrade to iOS 7.1.2 and Apple's servers are ridiculously slow. Even iOS 8 can't be downloaded again, without having to wait 12 hours!!

I just want my iPhone 5 to stop crashing and freezing up.

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
Downgrade back to iOS 7 if possible.

Thought no problems with iOS 8 here. My iPad Air runs great on iOS 8. Some minor bugs that doesn't really bother me.

I guess everything will be fixed in iOS 8.1 or even earlier.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Amazing that was very insightful to my problem.
heres some insight. its been covered ALL day in numerous articles that 8.0.1 was a mess and pulled an hour after it was released. your thread is nothing new, nor informational, since its been beat to death in other threads.

apple instructed people to downgrade back to 8.0 for the time being and wrote an article on how to do so.

Grayburn

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2010
London, England

Gotta agree with the battery drain. I noticed it not long after installing 8.0. and my 5S is usually quite impressive with regards to battery performance.

Not sure if i should revert to 8.0 or just wait for 8.0.2 or whatever it'll be.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I'm trying to downgrade to iOS 7.1.2 and Apple's servers are ridiculously slow. Even iOS 8 can't be downloaded again, without having to wait 12 hours!!

No, your internet is just bad. I downloaded 8.0.1 & 8.0 in 40 minutes :)

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
Amazing that was very insightful to my problem.
Pretty ironic. Haha

----------

That honestly sucks. I think I've had safari crash twice l, pulse twice, and pages once since beta 5. But Googles apps (I use analytics and Adsense) are crashy as all hell. I get a "Would you like to send information" option about every other day from them. Go figure.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
Gotta agree with the battery drain. I noticed it not long after installing 8.0. and my 5S is usually quite impressive with regards to battery performance.

I get a full day on my 5. Restored from backup as always, which I'm sure the converse is a placebo.

Grayburn

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2010
London, England
I get a full day on my 5. Restored from backup as always, which I'm sure the converse is a placebo.
I did mine OTA, I used to get a full day on my 5S but cant see that happening today. You do well to get a day from a 5, mine was awful, 5S is/was a big difference for me in battery performance.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Even with the bad publicity this past week, Apple has no worries about losing customers. They have us wrapped up nice and tightly in their ecosystem.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009

Does your phone also heat up because mine also heats up now for no reason since I updated to 8.0 and now 8.0.1.

koa

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2005
Hawaii

Add auto correct to your list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.