Ios 8.0.1 update failed on iphone 6 plus.

The1englishman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Just a heads up.
Downloaded fine.
But upon trying to install.
It gives the error that iam no longer connected to the internet so it cant verify.
Even though the phone is connected.
Strange. But cant do a thing with it.

The1englishman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Ok thats why.
But now the download is complete but wont install. Is it possible to delete it ?

cperchard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Ok thats why.
But now the download is complete but wont install. Is it possible to delete it ?
I need to know this too.....I downloaded it but wouldn't install cos battery wasn't high enough, then I came on here and saw all the problems so didn't wanna install it.....can I get rid of it altogether or will I just be able to download 8.0.2 when its out??

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Yeah I downloaded but did not install after I saw a thread on here. What happens to the uninstalled update?

66gonzo

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
You can delete it by going to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage. You should see the update here. Select it and there will be an option to delete it.

nanotoj

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2010
Ios 8.0.1 update failed on iphone 6 plus.

Fixed

Last edited:

PandaBrit

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2014
United Kingdom
You can delete it by going to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage. You should see the update here. Select it and there will be an option to delete it.

Thank you! I wonder why apple screwed up this one? Had a friend saying to me not to update and was a bit confused as to why

cperchard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Awesome cheers!! Oddly enough I still have the red notification on software update, even tho it now says 8.0 is up to date lol....oh well, cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.