iOS 8.0.2 and issues for iphone 6 users

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rjjacobson, Sep 29, 2014.

?

Iphone 6 users and 8.0.2

1. Did you have issues before with 8.0

40.0%
  2. Did 8.0.2 cause you WIFI and cell issues?

40.0%
  3. where are you located?

13.3%
  4. Any other issues with 8.0.2 specifically

40.0%
  1. rjjacobson macrumors 6502

rjjacobson

Ok as a owner of a new iPhone 6 plus I am interested in the issues that folks seem to have with the 8.0.x updates, in particular 8.0.2. I see all kinds of info about the WIFI, and Cellular loss with even 8.0.2 on various phones but I have had no trouble with 8.0.0 on my plus so have been waiting and may wait longer.

I tried asking questions on Apple Communities about the spread of the issue but apple censored that one saying it was "polling" and in the community rules that is now allowed (which sucks in my opinion) they say only asking or answering of technical questions allowed an this was promoting rumors? Well there is a long thread on using iphone on Apple communities that have lots of 6 owners repoting iOS 8.0.2 issues with cell and WIFI. So am staying with 8.0.0 for now. Maybe 8.1 :)

Anyway I am curious of a number of things. For those of you with iphone 6's who updated did you have issues with WIFi and Cell and such with the factory installed iOS 8.0.0, or did they come with the 8.0.1 and/or 8.0.2 updates.

I am curious how many 6 owners several days after the 8.0.2 updates are still fine.

And I am curious if the issue is more than "Australian" as other articles here and elsewhere surmise.

I was hoping to see more on this posted on the sites but in news this is all being bypassed while speculations on new imacs, when apple pay will come out, and yosemite release, and health apps and such.

So I assume polling is ok here :rolleyes: where as apple does not allow this to tarnish their community image.

thanks

2. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

3. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502

rjjacobson

Well it is my first time asking these, what did I do wrong? Seemed like good questions?

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

A poll should not be asking questions, should be something like how much battery do you go through over night

less then 5%
    5%
    15%
    Full battery?

5. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

I have a 6 Plus. I bought it Sep 27. It came with 8.0, and I upgraded to 8.0.2. Wifi and cell are great.

6. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502

rjjacobson

These are the things I asked on apple and got the questions booted. As a 6 owner who is holding off on 8.0.2 was wondering. first three especially. It seemed to me that issues with some phones from start, others were fine til update. Not sure there is a regional difference, Australia mentioned at first and then every site just refers to that I suspect that is not true.

----------

Ok now that I see how this works I see my problems with it. Is there way to change polls or are you stuck?

7. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

well, maybe delete the poll and ask these questions in the body of your message?

8. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502

rjjacobson

I do not see option to remove/delete the poll anywhere what am i missing?

9. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

From what I'm now gathering. Issues with iOS 8 seem more frequent with the 6/6 Plus. And a lot of that might have to do with Apple only making the pre-production iPhone 6 units available to a small group of employees prior to launch, so more things were likely missed until broader distribution occurred.

I have a 5s, and aside from minor lagging, I had minimal issues with iOS 8.0. Any frequently crashing apps already had problems before iOS 8.0. And now with 8.0.2, my phone's back to about the same stability and performance as 7.1.2. Not bad considering how much more extensively Apple retooled the code base this time around.

With iOS 7, the 5s crashed twice as often as the 5. I suspect a lot of that had to do with the transition to 64-bit, which only affected the 5s. While the UI went through a major makeover, underlying code did not change nearly as much with iOS 7. This time around, the UI did not change much, but under-the-hood, big changes.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

My iPhone 6 plus shipped with iOS 8.0 and i upgraded to iOS 8.0.2 and have no issues with WiFi or Network Connection.

11. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

I had no issues with Wi-Fi on 8.0.0, 8.0.1 or 8.0.2.

I suspect people that do have issues are using crappy cheap routers or just old pieces of junk that should have been replaced years ago.

12. devsfan1830 macrumors regular

devsfan1830

Not had a single issue with my iPhone 6 on iOS 8.0,0 or 8.0.2 aside from the growing pains when using apps not yet optimized/updated for it. I wasn't aware of 8.0.1 until it had already been pulled. My cell service and WiFi all appear normal. Only issue that's more of a Verizon + location issue for me is that VoLTE seems to be very sensitive to packet loss on a weak signal. Multiple times people have said if I sit in a particular spot in my apartment all they hear is every other word. I'm at 2-3 "dots" at home and speed has always been a bit lousy so I seem to be in weak spot. I went with Verizon because its fantastic everywhere else, with speeds that SCREAM at work thanks to our new cell repeaters. I'm I'm at home I'm on WiFi anyways. Hopefully as time goes on they optimize when a call falls back to avoid packet loss. In the meantime I'll just be more careful where I sit on the phone.

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

14. IAmTheCrack, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

IAmTheCrack macrumors member

I have had CONSTANT cell service issues since upgrading to 8.0.2 on my 128 iphone 6 on Verizon. Dropping calls left and right. Lots of failed calls and my whole house has basically become a dead zone. Was perfect on 8.0. My wife and brother are having the same issues. They're both on Verizon iPhone 6 models as well.

I've also noticed my phone randomly sticking in landscape mode and the screen going completely dark on calls with no way to bring the screen back other than a reset. 8.0.2 has been kind of a sh*tshow for me.

15. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

And I've been doing something on the device and the white screen with black apple logo pops on like it reset itself.

16. IAmTheCrack macrumors member

17. RCC1028 macrumors member

What he said.

18. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

iOS 8.0.2 ****ed up the health app for me. But only the distance card. Stairs and steps are fine

Attached Files:

19. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I have 8.0.2 on my 6 and the only issue that's coming to mind is the "watercolour effect" on photos (there are other threads about this). No issues with Wi-Fi, and I'm getting a better 3G signal than I did with my 4S.

I've run into a couple of minor issues (such as the Settings app crashing when trying to customise Spotlight - also affects 4S) but I've reported these to Apple.

Unfortunately you can't delete the poll, but you can close it from the bottom of the Edit Poll page.

20. slojave macrumors member

The bluetooth in my car is FUBAR too! :eek:

21. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502

rjjacobson

What router are you using at home? I have a previous gen Airport extreme at home and a high speed access point at work (connected to super fast fiber). My 6 plus is fine on both these and i get optimum speeds although I have still opted to wait to upgrade for now.

----------

that link does not work for me. I get error that I do not have enough access level yet to change, something about message limit or such. Oh well

22. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Oh, it seems that only moderators can do it; I thought that the poll creator could do it too. I've closed it for you :)

23. rjjacobson thread starter macrumors 6502

rjjacobson

Thanks I posted another poll which I think I am doing right already more interesting in responses.