iOS 8.0.2 help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by John55you, Oct 5, 2014.

1. John55you macrumors newbie

Hi
    Hope someone can help me with this I am on craigslist a lot buying and selling things. When sending someone a email and attach a picture to it. I click on the staple in the email it brings up a window take photo or chose existing and I choose chose existing I can not get it to open to my photos. I have tried to do this with gmail and AOl email with not luck.i am using Google chrome. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? It was working Great before updating to iOS 8.0.2. Thank you

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

There should be a setting inside the phone that allows the app to ask to access the photos. My guess is that was initial denied. You'll have to hunt that down, probably in privacy settings.

3. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Trebuin I got my iPhone 6 plus to working. But still cannot get my iPad 3 to access my photos and I do not know why. Thank you

4. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Your phone and iPad 3 should be on the same profile, correct? Make sure you have photo sharing set up. The iCloud update may be causing issues with the changes. On your iPad, and possibly the phone, you may have to cycle the iCloud settings off, then on...specifically the photo sharing. Give that a try and get back with us.

5. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Trebuin
    Hope this is what you mean. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412629955.730694.jpg

Thank you

6. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Yes, I would use photo stream over the library, it takes not space, but both devices have to be on wifi for it to sync, and it should take a little time to start (mins, not hours or days). If your phone cycles, I don't think anything in the past will sync. That may be your problem. You can work around that by creating a shared library and name it as "old stuff."

7. John55you thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Trebuin thank you for trying to help me. I just do not understand what you're telling me. I can not call Apple Technical support my warranty expired.

8. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Your iCloud photo syncing and photo stream are both on. If you turn them off, restart, then back on, it should fix it. Be aware that this will cause any past photos to not sync because it does not sync old photos.