iOS 8.0.2 - iCloud Photo Library Beta shows up

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Razeus, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Razeus macrumors 603

For those it wasn't showing before, like me, iCloud Photo Library Beta shows up now shows up in the Photos & Camera settings.

edit: I see a thread was made for this. Please delete.

2. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

3. bripab007 macrumors 6502a

No, it was not on my phone when I upgrade to iOS 8 GM.

4. freemini macrumors regular

freemini

5. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Hmm that's strange I know they pulled it from public release but all my three devices got the GM update and turned on iCloud photo library(beta) a week ago.

6. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

Its showing up for me now too. So is there any way for me to get all my old photos (in iPhoto/Aperture) into the iCloud photo library yet, or do I need to wait for next year when 'Photos' for Yosemite is released. Turning on iCloud photo drive has removed all my synced photos from my iPhone. So I may turn it off until the new program is released if this is the case.

7. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

You can only enable it on iPhones, iPads & iPods for desktops you have to wait till they release the photo app.

8. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

FWIW, I read it showed up for some (in the GM) for those that upgraded to iCloud Drive from the Mac.

I upgraded to iCloud Drive from my iPhone & then my Mac and it never showed up for me.

9. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for clarifying this. I've switched it back off. Until I can get all my photos from iPhoto into I can't see the benefit to using it yet. Looks like I was a bit early in upgrading my iCloud storage to 200GB!