Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
For those it wasn't showing before, like me, iCloud Photo Library Beta shows up now shows up in the Photos & Camera settings.

edit: I see a thread was made for this. Please delete.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
Its showing up for me now too. So is there any way for me to get all my old photos (in iPhoto/Aperture) into the iCloud photo library yet, or do I need to wait for next year when 'Photos' for Yosemite is released. Turning on iCloud photo drive has removed all my synced photos from my iPhone. So I may turn it off until the new program is released if this is the case.

navodwickra

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2013
Leeds, UK
Its showing up for me now too. So is there any way for me to get all my old photos (in iPhoto/Aperture) into the iCloud photo library yet, or do I need to wait for next year when 'Photos' for Yosemite is released. Turning on iCloud photo drive has removed all my synced photos from my iPhone. So I may turn it off until the new program is released if this is the case.

You can only enable it on iPhones, iPads & iPods for desktops you have to wait till they release the photo app.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
FWIW, I read it showed up for some (in the GM) for those that upgraded to iCloud Drive from the Mac.

I upgraded to iCloud Drive from my iPhone & then my Mac and it never showed up for me.

andyp350

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2011
You can only enable it on iPhones, iPads & iPods for desktops you have to wait till they release the photo app.
Thanks for clarifying this. I've switched it back off. Until I can get all my photos from iPhoto into I can't see the benefit to using it yet. Looks like I was a bit early in upgrading my iCloud storage to 200GB!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.