iOS 8.0.2: Iphone5; safari freezes while scrolling down;unresponsive touchscreen

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by steadyshot, Oct 17, 2014.

1. steadyshot macrumors newbie

Hello. Since I have installed iOS 8.0.2 safari freezes in certain web sites like 9to5mac and osxdaily. This happens when I try to scroll down these pages. Touchscreen becomes unresponsive in safari and page reloads constantly(no other tabs open or apps). Gestures take long to work and are not accurate when this happens in safari( eg. takes time to zoom, or highlight a word from the text, usually highlights the wrong word). In Chrome the problem is much less apparent but still exists. I have tried restoring from iTunes, nothing changed. Apart from this issue, iOS 8.0.2 runs very well and I do not have any problem with any other app or game(touchscreen works flawlessly except when safari freezes in certain webpages). The only solution I found for this is to disable javascript(pages load extremely fast with no freezes) but I believe iPhone 5 has sufficient power to handle this. Did this happen to anyone? Any suggestions? Thank you.

2. steadyshot thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a specific flash video ad that appears in these sites that causes this unrensponsive behavior.