iPhone iOS 8.0.2 on iPhone 5S battery drain

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by alexhardaker, Oct 15, 2014.

1. alexhardaker macrumors newbie

Has anyone else noticed more severe battery drain on iOS 8.0.2 on the iPhone 5S? Within 10 minutes or so of using Safari I'm down from 100% to 92% (this is an estimation - I haven't made a note of how long it takes to drain using specific apps yet). This phone was new when I bought it, but the warranty has run out recently (it was bought off eBay). It's a shame iOS doesn't have the power of OS X where you can see exactly what is causing this.

2. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

I've noticed some serious battery drain on my iPhone 5, which has airplane mode on all-day. The battery can go down 15% every night without me even touching it at all.

The battery life on my iPhone 6, however, is phenomenal.

3. alexhardaker thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there actually anything we can do to help sort this out? Or do we have to wait for 8.1 to sort this out?

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yes I was having some serious battery drainage on my 5s. I kept all the settings the same as I always do when I have good battery usage but it was still dropping too fast.

The last thing I did was totally disable 'Location based alerts' and since then, I've been having decent usage again.

5. alexhardaker thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I'll test it with a couple or apps, then leave it on 100% off charge over night to see what the drain is like. Then I'll either restore it and test again or will wait til 8.1.