IOS 8.0.2 recurring Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AT101ET, Oct 27, 2014.

1. AT101ET macrumors 6502

I've been having these issues ever since the IOS 8 update and no bug fixes has fixed them. I wanted to know of anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Firstly, the control centre is often unresponsive. Swiping up will not do anything. Only after locking and unlocking the phone does the gesture work.

Secondly and more annoyingly, when I get a whatsapp notification whilst I'm in an app the notification doesn't go away if I try swiping up. It gets stuck there and only goes alway if I rotate the screen or quit the app.

There are a couple other issues but I'll lost those later. These two are the most prominent and annoying.

Anyone had these problems?

2. themyst macrumors 6502

I'll be that guy to ask the obvious: Why don't you update to 8.1?

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not me, I'm on iOS 7.1.2.

However, I am curious as to why you are still on iOS 8.0.2 when iOS 8.1 was released quite recently? Seems it fixed a few bugs (or so I have read). Were you aware that 8.1 had been released?

4. cababah macrumors 68000

Edit: same Q as everyone else-why didn't you update to iOS 8.1 and see which issues got fixed???

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Hey Captain Obvious, I got here first! :p:D

6. ammophobia macrumors newbie

I had the control center issue after updating to 8.1.

I fixed it by performing "Reset All Settings", then manually reconfiguring it to my preferred settings. This fixed control center and some crashes.

7. jerparker1 macrumors member

jerparker1

I'm on 8.1 and have the same issue of the Control Center not responding when I swipe up from the bottom. I also have to lock then unlock in order to get it to work.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Hmmm…I have that issue on 7.1.2. It's annoying, so I assigned an Activator action to it so it works.

But I'm jailbroken…