Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Probably close to or after the launch of the new iPads. They usually pair product releases with minor/major software bug fixes. Just something I've noticed in the past.

redpandadev

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2014
I hope they fix the issues with the charging and mail archive button.

I am tired of my iPhone always saying "This accessory may not be supported" when connected to my computer to charge.

I am also tired of holding the archive button in email to hope the menu will pop up once you lift your finger.

You probably have a bad lightning cable. Swap it and your accessory not supported message will be no more.

As for the archive button, I'm not sure what the issue is. If you want it to be trash instead, you can change that in settings. Mail, Contacts, Calendard -> the account -> advanced -> "move discarded messages into" setting

Monique1

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
Suck it up and learn to live with 8.0.2 for a while you early lemmings.

Apple won't release another "patch" anytime soon lest the world think they have major problems with iOS 8. We're into politics and damage control right now.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Suck it up and learn to live with 8.0.2 for a while you early lemmings.

(meant in a 3rd person pov, im mostly fine with ios 8.0.2 so far)

Attachments

• untitle.JPG
    untitle.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 96

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Instead of these peasant 8.0.x updates thread, can we have a real 8.1 thread.

That would be the actual time to unblock mesu.apple.com on our routers and upgrade from 7.1.2

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
We'll probably get the next iOS version, which will be 8.1, on October 21st - the date of Apple's next event (and probably when Apple Pay goes live).

illusionmist

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2013
We'll probably get the next iOS version, which will be 8.1, on October 21st - the date of Apple's next event (and probably when Apple Pay goes live).

Rumor had that they pushed some functionality into 8.1, such as transit navigation in Maps, split view multitasking on iPad, etc., so you could be right.

I kinda doubt 8.0.x would be stable enough by then, though. Still getting hiccups here and there.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
You probably have a bad lightning cable. Swap it and your accessory not supported message will be no more.

As for the archive button, I'm not sure what the issue is. If you want it to be trash instead, you can change that in settings. Mail, Contacts, Calendard -> the account -> advanced -> "move discarded messages into" setting

Already tried different cables. 3 cables and same thing. I started out with my original cable I used with my 5. The message is random when it will appear. Sometimes a minute after it is plugged in other times hours after.

The archive button is shown when an email is open. If you hold the archive button then a menu is suppose to appear in a second. In iOS8 it is hit or miss. If you try it over and over some times it will be quick like it should. Other times it will be delayed a few seconds and some times it will not appear until you lift your finger.
ZwUk2N1.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.