iOS 8.02 draining iPhone 5s battery fast

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mwhals, Sep 29, 2014.

1. mwhals macrumors 6502

mwhals

Since upgrading to iOS 8.02, my battery on the iPhone 5s has been draining fast. I close all apps by swiping up after using them. Anyone else having this issue?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

My 5s is doing well. Usually after an update I turn the phone off completely and then turn it on again and then put it on the charger until it's fully charged. Then it runs just fine.

3. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Closing apps can actually hurt battery life (iOS is very smart about suspending apps and closing when they need to be). Go into settings>general>usage>battery usage and see what's killing it. Most likely you'll need to reset your network settings and/or all settings.

My 5s has been getting around 6h 45m of usage time on iOS 8 and 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 consistently. It's down slightly from 7.1.2 but its only maybe an extra 30m on usage.

4. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

Haven't noticed this at all. In fact, the battery drain on standby has really gone down. I suspect that it's because I use wi-fi calling and my phone doesn't need to lock onto the weak voice signal in my neighborhood. But, I haven't confirmed this yet.

5. mwhals thread starter macrumors 6502

mwhals

I think it was poor data networks, because it is back to normal at home on wifi.