iOS 8.1.1 Beta 2 ?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Saif23, Nov 10, 2014.

  1. Saif23 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2014
    #1
    Apple Released OS X 10.10.1 Beta 2 Earlier Today So When Will They Release iOS 8.1.1 Beta 2 ?
     
  2. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

    gwang73

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2009
    Location:
    San Francisco Area
    #2
    My guess would be either tomorrow at 10AM PST or next week Tuesday.

    So far, 8.1.1 has been good to me so maybe they'll just release 8.1.1 publicly and skip beta 2 altogether…
     
  3. C DM macrumors Westmere

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2011
    #3
    Maybe tomorrow, maybe later this week, maybe next week, or maybe not at all.
     
  4. MikhailT macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    #4
    Nobody but Apple knows.

    In addition, Apple rarely issue a .0.x beta, so this is a new area for us as well.

    Three things can happen:

    1. New iOS beta every two week, which is their usual schedule for the past few years. This means we won't see a new beta this week.
    2. New iOS beta every week, we should see it tomorrow as Tuesday tend to be the iOS day but it changes all the time
    3. No new betas for 8.1.1, they'll just ship 8.1.1 right away because it's a minor .0.x. update.
     
  5. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2011
    #5
    Gd qn, but doubt so. Waiting for official release.
     
  6. uhaas macrumors 6502

    uhaas

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2012
    Location:
    Twin Cities, MN
    #6
    Maybe the change release board has someone in the penalty box, after the 8.0.1 release.
     
  7. yeahtyeaht macrumors member

    yeahtyeaht

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2012
  8. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2011
    #8
    Source?
     
  9. af21187 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2012
    #9
    He doesn't need a source, he said "maybe", meaning it's his guess.
     
  10. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

    sbailey4

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2011
    Location:
    USA
    #10
    I would bet its been delayed due to the new Malware security issue. Heard that Apple is working on a fix for that so potentially they could add it to 8.1.1 before they roll it out. Guess it would depend on how complex that flaw is and whether its a relatively simple fix or not. Just a thought.
     

Share This Page