IOS 8.1.1 Regresses iPad3

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by lockerc18, Nov 21, 2014.

1. lockerc18 macrumors 6502

I put 8.1.1 on my iPad3 and have seen a couple of VERY irritating regressions. Cut/paste was broken in 8.0 and was fixed a little in a later release, but now it's totally broken again. Also, my iCloud password chain is broken again, too.

What the heck is it with Apple QA these days? It seems that every release has some batch of problems which were either new for that release or regressions from problem fixes in prior releases.

There is no excuse for this kind of poor quality control. Apple has GOT to get their QA act in gear. The ENTIRE reason why I went with ALL Apple products was because of the multi-platform integration and the so-called "it just works" mantra. Well, guess what. It DOESN'T "just work". Much more of this and I'll go back to Windows and Android.

2. rbart macrumors regular

It's broken on YOUR iPad, not on mine for example ...

3. bransoj macrumors 6502a

4. uhaas macrumors 6502

uhaas

Fixed things for me

I've ad the opposite experience. 8.1 made my home button not work sometimes, but 8.1.1 fixed that. I find it addresses many of the issues I was having.

The only issue I do have is in the calendar app, bug filed.

5. rbart macrumors regular

Yes, it's better than 8.1.
    It's not perfect, not as smooth as 7.1.2, there are some lags when opening/closing apps ans Safari can be slow in some conditions but it's a good enhancement compared to 8.0.x and 8.1.

6. lockerc18 thread starter macrumors 6502

OK. Swap ya!