iOS 8.1.3 for iPhone 4S download link

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mrochester, Mar 5, 2015.

1. mrochester macrumors 65816

Hi

Does anyone have a download link for the above version of iOS that isn't the Apple site? No matter whether I go through iTunes, download link or on the device itself, iOS 8.1.3 is going to take over 90 days to download at the speed it was going at. I've just had exactly the same problem downloading OSX 10.10.3 on my MBP which took a day and a half to download.

Many thanks

M.

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

I think you've got some connectivity issue other than Apple's servers.

[​IMG]

3. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

It's not me. Two different houses, two different internet connections, same problem.

4. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

Here's a screenshot to show the issue. One download is the preview version of Office for Mac and the other is iOS 8.1.3 from the Apple download server. You can quite clearly see the difference in download speeds.

[​IMG]

5. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Know what, come to think about it. I've had this issue in the past. With other devices and versions. Where it would dip into the 10-50 KB/s range. Even when my internet was around 256 KB/s (rural area probs). Same happened in the neighborhood where it's higher speed.

I grabbed a copy in about 5 minutes here at home going full speed. I might post a link here and remove it or PM it to you when it gets uploaded elsewhere just to see what would happen. Not sure about the legality of it, but I haven't modified any of Apple's code or anything. :rolleyes:

If It's not allowed I'm sure I'll hear about it. :cool:

6. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Well, let's give this a shot. Couldn't hurt, and I doubt it would be much worse than Apple's.

7. mrochester thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, that's gonna download in 7 minutes at the current rate. Going at a good 4MB/sec.

Much appreciated :D