iOS 8.1 b1 tiny review.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
just an fyi from an iPhone 5 user.

Those who are still rocking iPhone 5's ;) I highly recommend installing this because it really fixes a lot of the things that 8.0 broke. Camera roll is back! and a majority of the UI problems are gone. It's very nice imo. Battery life is still rubbish though, same as iOS 8 on the 5.

:)

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
People have different kinds of experiences. Considering 8.0.2 is kind of stable for most I would highly recommend that people stick with it and don't install a beta build.

Act3

macrumors 68000
Sep 26, 2014
USA
just an fyi from an iPhone 5 user.

Those who are still rocking iPhone 5's ;) I highly recommend installing this because it really fixes a lot of the things that 8.0 broke. Camera roll is back! and a majority of the UI problems are gone. It's very nice imo. Battery life is still rubbish though, same as iOS 8 on the 5.

:)
How is safari on it?

I did a comparison today with an iPhone 5 running 7.1.2 with the iPhone 6 at an AT&T store. The iphone 5 loaded/displayed web pages faster than the 6 did, both connected to the stores wifi.

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
How is safari on it?

I did a comparison today with an iPhone 5 running 7.1.2 with the iPhone 6 at an AT&T store. The iphone 5 loaded/displayed web pages faster than the 6 did, both connected to the stores wifi.
I have to say i'm impressed with safari. It renders pages faster than 7.1.2 on my iPhone 5 but the battery life is noticeably worse than any iOS v7.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
So for the record, you're saying Safari is snappier?
People always report Safari becoming snappier even with 0.0.0.0.0.1 update increments. So if we take all cumulative snappiness together, Safari must be running in God Mode where it will display websites today which you would potentially want to browse few days from now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.