Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
dunno if this has been mentioned already.
i've got iOS 8.1 beta 1 running on my iPhone 4s, and OS X Yosemite GM Candidate 1.0 on my late 2013 rMBP.

Whenever I go into my Messages settings on my Phone and go to the SMS Forward thing, swipe the green button for my Mac to on, it asks for the passcode from the Mac. But I can't see the passcode on the Mac?

How did people do it? Or troubleshooting help please?

Cheers.

activate

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
You need to ensure that you have enabled receiving sms at all the emails associated with the apple id in the settings on your phone. You can turn these back off later.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Have someone figured it out how to enable "SMS forwarding"? I don't receive a popup on my Mac when I enable "SMS forwarding" on my phone.

gamesetmatch

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Palm Springs, CA, USA
Hi there,

I got this working right out of the box. I selected "SMS forwarding" on my iPhone to the Mac. The Mac provided me with an authorization code, which I entered on the Phone and boom, ready.

Sign in out of iCloud in all your devices. Make sure you have applied the same settings in them. Some users have reported that resetting network settings in iOS 8 made the trick.

What I can't get to work is FaceTime notifications. The iPhone rings, but no notification shows up on the Mac, although I'm on the same Wi-Fi and "Enable iPhone Cellular Calls" is enabled.

Strangely, I CAN start a phone call from my Mac. iPhone rings, retina iPad mini rings and notifies me of an incoming call, but on the Mac side, nothing.

Annoying.

Does anybody know a workaround for this?

Thanks a lot,

Mark.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
I have upgraded to the final version of Yosemite and it's not working.

iPhone says I should enter a code that is shown on my Mac. But there isn`t a popup with a code on my Mac. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.