iOS 8.1 beta 2 Diag Log Jetsam Events

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Tallfish0919, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Tallfish0919 macrumors member

Tallfish0919

So I've been running iOS 8.1 beta 2 since it was released to developers... It's been insanely stable and most of the problems have been fixed with it compared to previous iOS 8 versions... The first 5 days I didn't have any Diag logs except for the logs that are sent apple... Now I am getting an insane about of jetsam events just within the past two days.. Also since I'm a devolpers I do not run any apps on this phone except one and the events don't have anything to deal with the app because I only test it maybe once every two weeks... Can someone give me an idea of what these event longs mean?

2. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

Jetsam logs are basically the low memory logs in iOS 7 and below.

3. Tallfish0919 thread starter macrumors member

Tallfish0919

This on an iPhone 6+..... I've noticed to... After a couple days iOS 8.1 beta 2 seems to get laggy

4. Makale.Helvetia macrumors 6502a

Makale.Helvetia

close facebook,instagram,twitter,camera on the background..these tasks eat much more ram to other apps.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've come to grips with the sad fact that the RAM having only 1GB is directly causing these issues. The only way for Apple to avoid them is to write more efficient code, if that's even possible, or to expand the memory to 2GB in the 6S and 6S Plus. The Air 2 has 2GB RAM and you never hear anyone complain about random crashing and jetsam logs. Sad but true.

6. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

My Air 2 with 2GB RAM has JetSam logs.

/topic