Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seme332

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
Hey everyone,

to anyone who has installed iOS 8.1 Beta 1 -> Is the Health App any more "stable" or rather saying: less full of bugs (especially) on a 5s then on 8.0.2.

The one running right now always messes up its data, stops showing it, crashing, is not able to be launched, does not sync correctly per Healthkit and so on...

Thanks!

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Hey everyone,

to anyone who has installed iOS 8.1 Beta 1 -> Is the Health App any more "stable" or rather saying: less full of bugs (especially) on a 5s then on 8.0.2.

The one running right now always messes up its data, stops showing it, crashing, is not able to be launched, does not sync correctly per Healthkit and so on...

Thanks!

can you provide examples?

seme332

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
can you provide examples?

I thought I made a few. But anyway:

- Opening Health.app sometimes crashes the app
- Opening Health.app sometimes makes graphs vanish
- Opening Health.app and then going into data detail crashes the app
- Health.app data is not shown as data in graphs
- Healthkit data from other apps is not being synced properly
- Healthkit data prior to connecting 2 apps is not synced at all
- Health.app in general is painfully slow
- many more bugs at different places

Worst App Apple has ever shipped.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL

I would DFU restore your phone. Sounds like you are having a lot of isolated issues.

seme332

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
Just started from scratch with 8.0... Had the betas on my device before that. Did a clean install.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Just started from scratch with 8.0... Had the betas on my device before that. Did a clean install.

Im on a 5s without any of those problems. What apps are you using that sync data with the Health App? (There are several app I have that did have issues, but it was with the apps that synced to it, not Health app.)

seme332

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
Im on a 5s without any of those problems. What apps are you using that sync data with the Health App? (There are several app I have that did have issues, but it was with the apps that synced to it, not Health app.)

I was using Noom, also MyFitnessPal!

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
I have a 5S as well, and I only check the step counter, but I've not had any issues with it. Never had it crash or anything not show up. MyFitessPal seems to be working OK with it as well as UP. I've been on 8.0.2 since it came out.

PN4

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
CHS

My wife and I have all of these same issues (and more) with health on IOS 8.0.2 (iPhone 6's).

seme332

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
My wife and I have all of these same issues (and more) with health on IOS 8.0.2 (iPhone 6's).

I think this is not a problem of a new set up phone. I think it might be caused by how heavy one is using health. I noticed that on a day when I have about 20.000 steps it gets worse and worse... not so much data = not so many bugs. Thats my experience at least.

Still: Apple needs to address this. Getting back to the original question: Is anyone seeing a positive response on 8.1?

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
I was using Noom, also MyFitnessPal!

MyFitnessPal had issues and they issued an update a day or two ago. It should be fixed now. I don't use Noom so Im not sure on that one.

FYI I am on 8.1 - no problems. All the problems I have encountered, as stated above are/was with the third party apps not the Health app.

seme332

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2013
Berlin
MyFitnessPal had issues and they issued an update a day or two ago. It should be fixed now. I don't use Noom so Im not sure on that one.

FYI I am on 8.1 - no problems. All the problems I have encountered, as stated above are/was with the third party apps not the Health app.

I just updated to 8.1 Beta 1 and it seems to be working a lot better. I will report back in a while. :)

ddublu

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
All data that is in there now will be lost on the update, right? When I updated and restored to 8.1 beta, I lost all previous info related to health.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.