iOS 8.1 good for a little over a day

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sscaltri, Oct 22, 2014.

1. sscaltri macrumors member

After updating to 8.1, I have to say the wifi connection became more stable. I saw where it would almost drop wifi, but then it would reconnect. I thought all was good. Even the irksome stacks+backboardd crashes were gone. This morning things took a turn for the worse. Overnight, my phone rebooted. I realized this because Touch ID would not unlock my phone this morning. Then, it looked like wifi was going to drop and the phone froze. When it rebooted wifi was grayed out. Eventually after a couple reboots it came back. Next, someone who tried to call and txt me, called my landline to tell me that I wasn't answering my phone. I woke my phone up and saw it had crashed every couple minutes and wifi was grayed out again. After this I have been through a roller coaster of trying to restore the phone to no avail. I have an appointment at the Genius Bar tomorrow. This is already my second phone.

2. sscaltri thread starter macrumors member

I assume it has something to do with the wifi. Before I got to this point, the wifi was grayed out and I couldn't enable it. I was also getting locationd crashes in the log. At this point, it's nothing but a paperweight. I don't think it can be salvaged.:apple::mad: