Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boy700

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Hay all , can someone tell me if what i feel recently with my iphone 6+ is True.. It started a few days ago , i bought a new iphone 6+ and On the first day i updated the iphone to ios 8.0.2 OTA and the battery experience was amazing&Impressive its was really feeling big battery life , but after i updated to ios 8.1 everything has changed ! the battery draining quickly and i felt like i still using my old iphone 5, that was what happens to me and i am not an expert at all with battery properties and how check the battery status .. so i will but picture show my battery status\health and please if someone can tell me what i have experience lately is normal thing or i have bad battery and i need to replace my new iphone 6+ ? :(

image.jpg

trophynuts

macrumors member
May 25, 2011
that battery drain looks somewhat normal.

I had severe battery drain on my I6, Facebook app and Safari was the biggest culprits. Mainly the FB app. That app is garbage anyways. I have sense uninstalled it and just use Safari to check Fb.

boy700

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
Thx all for the helping :confused:
that battery drain looks somewhat normal.
I had severe battery drain on my I6, Facebook app and Safari was the biggest culprits. Mainly the FB app. That app is garbage anyways. I have sense uninstalled it and just use Safari to check Fb.

but i do not use safari and if the facebook app causing battery drop issue why its now showing that in the (battery Usage) setting page ,

jahall05

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2013
Thx all for the helping :confused:

but i do not use safari and if the facebook app causing battery drop issue why its now showing that in the (battery Usage) setting page ,

It is showing that. Facebook - 11%

Honestly though, the battery life statistics you have posted look normal to me...Does anyone else see anything abnormal?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I've been experiencing a definite loss of battery life with iOS 8.1 on my 6+. I went from an amazing 11 hours down to about 6.5 hours on a full charge.

rodetrip

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2014
Hay all , can someone tell me if what i feel recently with my iphone 6+ is True.. It started a few days ago , i bought a new iphone 6+ and On the first day i updated the iphone to ios 8.0.2 OTA and the battery experience was amazing&Impressive its was really feeling big battery life , but after i updated to ios 8.1 everything has changed ! the battery draining quickly and i felt like i still using my old iphone 5, that was what happens to me and i am not an expert at all with battery properties and how check the battery status .. so i will but picture show my battery status\health and please if someone can tell me what i have experience lately is normal thing or i have bad battery and i need to replace my new iphone 6+ ? :(

this happened to me with my iphone 6.. i suggest giving it a few days to settle in and get to know your phone.. i waited a couple of days and resetted and set up as new, and now i am experiencing excellent battery life like i was having with 8.0.2..

lulumink

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012

Which app is that for estimating the battery life if you mind? Thanks.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I did have a minor drop when I updated from 8.1 beta 2 to the released 8.1 version. Not major but definitely noticeable. I typically dont upgrade from a beta but this time I did. Wifes device was working about the same as always so we compared and same usage and standby (7 hr stby and 30 min use) she was at 99% and I was at 92%. I decided to restore via iTunes, let it backup, reload firmware then restore the backup and all back to awesome battery life again. It was painless and all automated. I did get a manual backup first though just because. You may want to try that if in fact you are seeing a difference from 8.0.2. But definitely check your background update options and turn that crap off. esp FB.

ipadlvr

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2014

You got an iPhone 6 Plus.

Was it working fine when you took it out of the box?

If the answer is yes then ---- should I update it when Apple releases the new iOS update? Answer is NO

Never update iOS devices. They will never work as good as when they came out of the box. Never. Ever.

Do not ever update iOS devices unless you're experiencing a specific issue out of the box that they are fixing with the update.

Here you are. You had a perfectly working iPhone and all you did by updating it was break it.

----------

this happened to me with my iphone 6.. i suggest giving it a few days to settle in and get to know your phone.. i waited a couple of days and resetted and set up as new, and now i am experiencing excellent battery life like i was having with 8.0.2..

IOS has to "get to know our phones"

Aha haha haha haha haha!

hpman247

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011

If the answer is yes then ---- should I update it when Apple releases the new iOS update? Answer is NO

Never update iOS devices. They will never work as good as when they came out of the box. Never. Ever.

Do not ever update iOS devices unless you're experiencing a specific issue out of the box that they are fixing with the update.

Here you are. You had a perfectly working iPhone and all you did by updating it was break it.

----------

Aha haha haha haha haha!

I'm not usually one to comment when I disagree, but that's one of the most absurd statements I've ever seen anyone make. About the only reason I can see not to upgrade is if you'll use a jailbreak.

Also, the phone does indexing, which is not immediate. It's a background process that takes up resources, which is why some people seem to have issues right after an update, and it gets better over time. So yeah, the OS is getting to know your phone to some extent.

Updates add functionality. I'm certainly more happy with my 6+ on iOS8.1 than I was on 8.0.2. Even if the battery life might have dropped ever so slightly, but not enough for me to notice on day-to-day usage.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA

----------

Aha haha haha haha haha!

Afraid you are spreading FUD. Forum readers should ignore the above advice/comment as it is complete BS and false information. Every iOS ever has had to have updates to get to where they are stable and better than "out of box" condition. iOS 8.1 is no different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.