iOS 8.1 on 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by iPhaithful, Oct 16, 2014.

1. iPhaithful macrumors regular

iPhaithful

This may have already been addressed and if it has, my apologies.
    Now, is there any evidence that iOS 8.1 will have better functionality on the 6+?

I mean, there is obvious lagging and glitching with the current iOS and I'm just wondering will there be any attention given to the 6+ in regards to the user experience/layout.
    I know there is a difference on iPads, but I feel like there should atleast be some sort of consideration for the iphone 6+. There's considerably more real estate to deal with compared to the 6 and other mobile devices...

Thoughts?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

This is an honest question and I assume it's discussed in other threads I haven't read. My wife has a 6+ and I haven't noticed any lagging. Would you mind saying where the lag is or which app? Thx.

3. RosOne macrumors regular

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Same here, I got access to two 6+ and I have not notice any lag at all

5. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I think the OP is miss using "lag" for "choppy animations". As noted by tech reviewers and my own personal experience at the Apple Store, there is choppy system wide animation on the iPhone 6+. It isn't unbearable or anything but it looks like an Android than an Apple device.

6. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

You guys are lucky as hell ... I'm on my 2nd plus and plenty of lagging and freezing like the phone I returned :(

7. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

Haven't had any issues with mine either. Scrolling is smooth and fast

pac

8. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Lag isn't what's bothering me...it's dropping wifi at home that's really been getting annoying.

9. geekguy123 macrumors member

Lag for me is most noticeable in the Photos app. I go into Events and start scrolling and it's very laggy.

10. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

When did 8.1 release? I'm still on 8.02 and will probably update later.

I just updated my MBP to Yosemite last night. Download took forever, so I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

11. geekguy123 macrumors member

''

8.1 releases on Monday, October 20th.

12. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

oh! I thought it was out. haha

13. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I notice this "lag" the most when I pull the phone from my pocket and first turn it on. I keep the phone upside down in my pocket. Many times after unlocking the display it is still upside down. I have to turn the display off and back on to reset the view. Its not every time but often throughout the day. It gets stuck going from landscape to portrait at times too. Hitting the home button to leave the app (messages for example) clears the error. I still love the phone so I look past it but look forward to it not doing that. I know its software so at some point it will be smooth.

14. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Can anyone with the 8.1 beta actually answer the OP question? Is it smoother, less choppy, etc? My 5S and iPad Air can get random animation stutter which was never there pre iOS 8.

15. TheDoubler55 macrumors 6502

TheDoubler55

I dont have lagging, but my phone restarts itself for no reason, and landscape mode freezes sometimes and I have to back out of the app im in and restart the app. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next update.

16. iPhaithful thread starter macrumors regular

iPhaithful

Most of the lags I've noticed can be seen as choppy animations, the transitions from landscape to portrait mode, the few apps that stutter and become non responsive every once in a while. To be honest it really does truly lag, almost as if the phone itself has to be restarted in order to regain snappiness I'm used to experiencing with iPhones. I think another user compared it to an Android OS, which is pretty accurate in my opinion.
    Now, not all of the features on the phone do this and majority of them work extremely well. I'm just thinking that the 6+ needs special consideration in regards to the new iOS release. It really feels sometimes like the 6+ is running a version that was perfected on the 6 and then just shoved into the 6+ in hopes of similar or even better performance.

17. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

The only lag I've noticed is when the keyboard is visible when doing spotlight search and switching orientation

18. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

No noticeable performance improvements for any devices on 8.1. Maybe 8.2?