iPhone iOS 8.1 slow wifi when Bluetooth switched on

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by nickd3000, Oct 22, 2014.

1. nickd3000 macrumors newbie

I started getting extremely slow wifi tonight on my iPhone 6 running 8.1
    Speedtest reported around 0.1 Mbps - tried resetting router, resetting phone, reconnecting to router etc, nothing worked.

Then I switched off Bluetooth - speed went up to 5.57Mbps (normal speed for me). I repeated the speed test several times with Bluetooth on and off and the results were exactly the same as above (Bluetooth seems to be killing it)

Anyone else had this problem? If you are getting slow wifi and have Bluetooth turned on could you give this a go and report back?

Cheers,

Nick

2. playtillyadrop, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

playtillyadrop macrumors member

Man your a genius. Been so frustrated with my iPhone 6 plus after updating to 8.1. Can't believe it was the bluetooth causing it.

This absolutely fixed my problem. Before I had erratic speeds to no connections to very slow speeds. Speed test was around 15mbs now I'm at 80mbs. Hopefully Apple can get its **** together and put out better updates. They really dropped the ball with iOS 8

3. Starwave65 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. It was present before the 8.1 update. I even got the phone replaced and the problem persisted. The guy at the Mac store told me that it was an known problem with every iPhone 6.... And that it would be fixed with the 8.1 upgrade. He was incorrect, the problem didn't go away. I suspect that it's a hardware problem without a fix. I even made a video about it. I think this will be my last iPhone... I miss Steve jobs.

http://youtu.be/TeGwc5Pc6sQ