Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

April Knight

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Olympia, WA
Anybody else experiencing issues with iOS 8.1 Beta 1 and T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling not working? It worked flawlessly on the iOS 8 betas, iOS 8.0, and 8.0.2-- but ever since updating to iOS 8.1 beta 1, I'm not getting "T-Mobile Wi-Fi". Just "T-Mobile," and it's using the regular network to send SMS and do calls.

Note: I thought it may have been due to SMS Forwarding being enabled, but I went ahead and disabled that and even restored my device as new, and Wi-Fi calling functionality is still not back. Odd thing is, if I go to Settings > FaceTime and try to turn on iPhone Cellular Calls, it does warn me that Wi-Fi calling is enabled and that it will be disabled if I turn on the cellular calls.

Last edited:

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Nope. Just made a call using wi-fi calling. The feature has worked for me since the first iOS 8 update.

At this point, you might want to restore your device to factory settings, reinstall iOS 8, and see if wi-fi calling works at that point. If so, then try restoring your backup and see if anything changes. If you're still having trouble with wi-fi calling, then you might need to reset your network settings and go from there.

Alternatively, you can reset the network settings first and see if that helps.

April Knight

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Olympia, WA
Thanks for the response! I am pretty well-versed in iOS, and have already restored as new as described in my OP, so I was mainly looking to see if anybody else was experiencing this issue. Thank you for the input though! If it's definitely working for you, I'll restore again and do some tinkering.

Also, just to clarify: Your signature says you are using your iPhone 5s on iOS 8.0.2. I am talking specifically about the iOS 8.1 beta that just went out yesterday. I am also using an iPhone 6 Plus.

Billymac19

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
Phila, PA
Thanks for the response! I am pretty well-versed in iOS, and have already restored as new as described in my OP, so I was mainly looking to see if anybody else was experiencing this issue. Thank you for the input though! If it's definitely working for you, I'll restore again and do some tinkering.

Also, just to clarify: Your signature says you are using your iPhone 5s on iOS 8.0.2. I am talking specifically about the iOS 8.1 beta that just went out yesterday. I am also using an iPhone 6 Plus.

i have forwarding on and its working well....did u try the reset network as mentioned above?
how about taking out out sim and putting back in?
have you turned cell off(airplane mode, turn on wifi) and see if it connects too wifi calling that way?

muadibe

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
wi-fi calling iOS 8.02 on iPhone 6

Not sure if this will work for anyone, but I saw mentioned on a forum somewhere that there was a potential fix.

Since my phone was dropping calls when on wi-fi, I decided to give it a try last night. I haven't had any issues yet today.

Steps.

1 - connect iPhone to iTunes.
2 - select the phone in iTunes, then in the 'Options' section at the bottom of the main panel, select 'Allow wi-fi syncing' on the phone.
3 - click 'Apply'.

There were a few apps that synced over which I deleted, but I'm not getting dropped calls.

winterny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
I've had this happen a few times, and "Reset Network Settings" brought it back to life. Definately seems like a bug, and hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I had the same issue in 8.0 and 8.0.2

Please report it on bugreporter.apple.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.