iOS 8.1

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FrankieTDouglas, Apr 14, 2015.

1. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Is there a real benefit to upgrading from 8.1? I don't use the Maps app, and I'm not a fan of receiving even more built in apps that can't be deleted, so having the Watch app installed when upgrading is a huge turnoff. Is there something I'm missing by staying on 8.1?

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Security, stability updates.

3. chrfr macrumors 603

In general 8.3 is a lot more solid than 8.1. Just hide the Watch app in a folder if it bothers you that much.

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

On my 6+ at least, 8.1 rendered it virtually unusable.
    If you're having no such problems then the one plus point of the earlier releases is slightly better battery life.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

There's certainly a number of default/stock apps that people don't use and put somewhere (in some folder or something like that), so adding one more isn't really that big of a deal for pretty much anyway--at least it certainly shouldn't be much of a reason on its own for not upgrading.

6. Le Hamilton macrumors member

And what is about the battery life and the bugs with Touch ID?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Battery life seems the same as with other iOS 8 updates. TouchID bugs don't seem to be there (there was a server side issue related to App Store earlier, but it didn't have to do with TouchID itself and was addressed by Apple on their end of things an not in iOS or anything like that).

8. Le Hamilton macrumors member

So, you think I should update on iOS 8.3?

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like the pros and cons have been provided, so it's up to you to make the decision.