Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
That has not been fixed in this build. Have you field a bug for that issue at https://bugreport.apple.com/?

Too many times. I do like that they keep focusing on performance but they need to address some of these basic UI glitches. Some of the top of my head are

1) folder corner glitch
2) iPad glitch where text in settings-Mail overlaps when iPad is rotated from landscape to portrait.
3) iTunes store white status Bar in Music tab

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
I think he means that the bubbles reset every time you exit an app, go to multitasking view, in lock screen and when you unlock. On iOS 7 the bubble animation did not reset and continued after each action.

This is exactly what I mean, and I've been reporting this issue since the iOS 8 betas...I even see that this plagues the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
This is exactly what I mean, and I've been reporting this issue since the iOS 8 betas...I even see that this plagues the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

Happened on my 5s as well and my iPad air. I think it's ios 8 in general.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
How is the animation when you pull out the Control Center? On 8.1.2 when I swipe really fast, the Control Center hangs in the middle of the animation.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
From some youtube videos, it seems that beta 2 continually improves on performance for low end devices compared to 8.1.2. The lag that occurs on tapping apps no longer seems to occur or is much improved.

Oh good, my 6+ should be more responsive then.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Does the app launching lag occur on the 6+?

My 6+ is a lagmobile period. The screen is inconsistent in its response, sometimes delayed and it sometimes doesn't register my touch. Scrolling down big pages (even in the stock notes app) is jittery and slow. Occasionally the whole screen freezes for 5-10 seconds and won't register any touch gestures at all. Often the screen fails to register my finger swipes to go back to a previous page and I have to use the back arrow instead. Apps frequently crash and my iPhone 5 generally smokes it in all respects when it comes to navigation, scrolling and typing. On the plus side the screen, battery life and loudspeaker are nice but other than that....:confused:

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
My 6+ is a lagmobile period. The screen is inconsistent in its response, sometimes delayed and it sometimes doesn't register my touch. Scrolling down big pages (even in the stock notes app) is jittery and slow. Occasionally the whole screen freezes for 5-10 seconds and won't register any touch gestures at all. Often the screen fails to register my finger swipes to go back to a previous page and I have to use the back arrow instead. Apps frequently crash and my iPhone 5 generally smokes it in all respects when it comes to navigation, scrolling and typing. On the plus side the screen, battery life and loudspeaker are nice but other than that....:confused:
That sounds like it needs to be replaced... Even my 4s doesn't have those issues you have presented, scrolling is very smooth for me.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
That sounds like it needs to be replaced... Even my 4s doesn't have those issues you have presented, scrolling is very smooth for me.

I've read a lot from 6+ owners about their devices lagging so I'm going to go to the Apple store and have a play on theirs. I'm still not sure if mine is defective or if they're all like this.

MarcusCarpenter

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2013
London
Bugs:
Music app crashes after listening to music to an extended period of time.

That's just happened to me one time.. Today i've listeden music about 1,5 hours and nothing happens..no crashes anymore..

Anyone else facing this issue?

----------

Also what's the battery life like, some mention an issue on 8.1.2 is this resolved?

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I've read a lot from 6+ owners about their devices lagging so I'm going to go to the Apple store and have a play on theirs. I'm still not sure if mine is defective or if they're all like this.

I don't have any of those issues and I have a 6+ as well.

My only issues are with the "watercolor" effects for pictures and the god damn lag when making a call from the Favorites menu. It literally takes 2-3 seconds before the call is actually made after choosing who you want to call from your Favorites. :mad:

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
Beta 3, here we go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 131
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.