iOS 8.2 gmail exchange email push really delayed or not working

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by blasto333, Mar 17, 2015.

1. blasto333 macrumors regular

I have 4 gmail account setup as exchange as my email. Since updating the email alerts never happen or are really delayed. The only way I can check my email is if I manually go into the app and refresh.

is anyone else experiencing this? I am not sure if it is a google or apple thing; but I just find the timing odd after iOS 8.2 update.

2. blasto333 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for replying but I am unsure if this applies. Basically any message sent to my google apps/gmail account shows up on my apple mail desktop; but I don't get a badge icon or alert sound/vibration on my phone. If i manually refresh in the mail app it shows up.

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I'm having the same issue with my Google Apps account. Sometimes I get the messages right away, other times I have to manually open the Mail app.

4. blasto333 thread starter macrumors regular

Seems to be working consistently now. Guessing it was an error on gmails end

5. Mafro macrumors member

This is happening to me ever since upgrading but with my Outlook (Hotmail) account. Emails aren't being pushed to my device and I have to manually refresh them.