iPhone Ios 8.2 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TurkXtreme, Mar 10, 2015.

1. TurkXtreme macrumors member

TurkXtreme

2. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I just realized that the people that are purchasing the Apple Watch are gonna have to upgrade to 8.2 which means losing their jailbreak:(

3. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

When are the following lottery numbers going to hit? 12-11-10-09-08

Nobody can answer that question because it's a silly one. LOL

When the jailbreak for iOS 8.2 comes, I bet there will be a posting in the MacRumors Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks forum. ;-)

----------

I'm not interested in Apple Watch in the least, but I thought about that as well.

Bummer for those who want the Apple Watch and want to JB, but like every version in history, a jailbreak will come, sooner or later.

The one thing that could be fun with Apple Watch is the potential that exists if you jailbreak it. I can think of some fun uses for it.

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Dang it change thread title to Where is the 8.2 jailbreak or question mark or something lol...

5. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

No kidding, right?

This is why jailbreaking should be made more difficult, haha

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

The chinese devs seemed pretty confident about future jailbreaks. But it's only been 24 hours. Gotta give them some time.

7. ajay96 macrumors 6502

So would be safe for me to stay on 8.2 beta for now?

8. vmaggio1 macrumors newbie

Let me refer to my crystal ball........ Oh wait, the MagSafe charger crapped out again, maybe next time.

9. TurkXtreme thread starter macrumors member

TurkXtreme

i am still waiting.. thanks for your kind answer.. ;)

10. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

There was never a jailbreak for 8.1.3 was there? I'm staying on 8.1.3 in hopes that a jailbreak will be available for it first.

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Usually they aim for the highest available iOS version, sometimes it is backward compatible with lower versions, but not always.

Staying on 8.1.3 doesn't hurt as long as you upgrade to 8.2 when a 8.2.x is about to be released.

12. barrikade macrumors member

I'm currently jail broken on 8.1.2, and if I upgrade to 8.2, does it "undo" the JB and go back to stock? Has anyone tried this?

I'm actually hoping it does so I can go back to stock lol (JB is great don't get me wrong; I'd just like to go back for various reasons).

13. bushido Suspended

bushido

of course but i would recommend to do a restore too. getting rid of all the "other" crap

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Countless users over the years have upgraded and removed their jailbreak. I just did it a week or so ago in moving to 8.1.3.

This is why an update and restore is always advised before seeking Apple service - because it removes the jailbreak.

Even if you restore and upgrade to a version that IS jailbreakable, doing so still removes the jailbreak. You'd have to re-jailbreak if you wanted to be jailbroken again.

So…yes, 'someone' has tried it and it will 'undo' the jailbreak.

15. barrikade macrumors member

Thanks. So update to undo JB but then I'm not clear on the next part. When you say restore, do you mean wipe the phone and then restore from backup or restore as new?

Then, if that IS what you mean, next question is, does restoring as new mean I lose my info (ie. text history, contacts, etc?).

----------

Thanks!

16. bushido Suspended

bushido

as far as I know if you do an iCloud backup it does not include things like cache of your jailbreak tweaks etc (someone correct me if I am wrong) so you can wipe your phone and then restore your iPhone from an iCloud backup and it's completely free of any jb stuff. if you restore from a backup on your Mac however it does remove the jb itself but it leaves traces like preferences behind, u just can't have access to them anymore cuz the jb is gone

17. Jstuts5797 macrumors 6502a

Ahhh thanks for this info bro! I haven't jailbroke since ios 4 so I forgot a lot. Anything else I should know about jail breaking that might have changed since ios 4?

18. tejeshwarsekhon macrumors newbie

Still waiting for the jailbreak :(. Any updates ?

19. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

The very latest update as of just a few minutes ago confirm there is still no jailbreak for 8.2 available.

20. ivandr macrumors regular

I can confirm that the newest latest update as of a few minutes ago once again confirms that there is still no 8.2 jailbreak. :p

21. JackieInCo macrumors 601

the Apple watch is not worth losing my JB over. Nothing is.

22. GmDude66 macrumors 6502

Totally worth it to me. All I do on jailbreak now is play emulators.

23. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

LOL... well you're in the minority.

----------

A new iPhone with new features might be worth it, but otherwise, I agree. LOL

24. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I use my jailbreak to get rid of the highly unappreciated (by me) colors of iOS 7/8 - as well as tweak my system the way I like it. Stock doesn't cut it for me.

Not an iOS 7/8 fan.