iPhone Ios 8.2 must read if wifi is slow!!!!!

DeeezzNuttzz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
I don't know if this was already explained, but if your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus has WIFI that is running slower than a pregnant turtle, this is exactly what you need to do:

Goto Privacy > Location Services > System Services...Turn off the following:

-Location-based Alerts
-Location-based iAds
-Share my Location
Spotlight Suggestions
Wi-Fi Networking
-Frequent Locations

Whenever you made a query online through Google or whatever, while running your search, Apple is runningthere own query's on your search's to provide better ads for you. My iPhone 6 Plus went from beyond slow to lightning fast in a matter of seconds. LET ME KNOW IF YOU STILL HAVE SLOWNESS ISSUES AFTER DOING THIS.

THANKS???

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
all of those except wifi networking have nothing to do with wifi..& wifi netowrking send router mac addresses connected or not, along with their location to apple to improve maps for devices especially those without gps. if anything toggling wifi networking was mentioned it may help, but not the rest. neutering ur phone's features isnt the answer to a problem..

ios 8.2 isnt here yet

George-Florida

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2014
My 6 plus WiFi Speed went from .3 to 19.0

I don't know if this was already explained, but if your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus has WIFI that is running slower than a pregnant turtle, this is exactly what you need to do:

Goto Privacy > Location Services > System Services...Turn off the following:

-Location-based Alerts
-Location-based iAds
-Share my Location
Spotlight Suggestions
Wi-Fi Networking
-Frequent Locations

Whenever you made a query online through Google or whatever, while running your search, Apple is runningthere own query's on your search's to provide better ads for you. My iPhone 6 Plus went from beyond slow to lightning fast in a matter of seconds. LET ME KNOW IF YOU STILL HAVE SLOWNESS ISSUES AFTER DOING THIS.

THANKS???
Thank You for this helpful bit of information! My 4S on 8.02, on Fios still has its' up/down speeds of 18.0 to around 20.5. My new 6 Plus (128) on 8.02, had a DL speed of .3 meg. Yes, that is point 3. Very slow, indeed. Examining the above parameters, my only checked parameter was "Sharing my location". I turned that off, and retested. My speeds have returned to the average of 18 to 20 meg. While this may only be a "work around" while the software is patched, nevertheless, it did restore my wifi speeds for now. No doubt, turning off "share my location" will affect something else.

YMMV, but I'm Thanking DeeezzNuttzz for his suggestion!

George

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.