iOS 8.2 on iPad 3

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MarcoCapa, Mar 20, 2015.

1. MarcoCapa macrumors regular

Hello
    I wasn't able to find threads about performances of iOS 8.2 on iPad 3...
    How about the performances? I have only found a video on youtube but I would like to know your experience! I'm on iOS 7.1.2 and I don't want to give up on the performances I have now...
    Thank you very much

2. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

3. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

Most of the ill fated iPad 3s are lying in some land fill. Shame on apple for releasing such a poor performing device. We will say the same about iPhone 6+.

Back to the topic, I felt the iPad 3 performed horribly even on 8.2. My neighbor sold his off and got himself Air 2. Exactly what Apple wanted.

4. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

5. bflowers macrumors 6502a

Actually, I find them helpful. I've updated my Air to 8.1.x, but haven't dared update my iPad 3 to 8.x.x at all. Once there is consensus that it works reasonably well, I might make the jump. Same with our pair of old iPhone 4Ss.

Sadly, you should always be able to revert to older versions, but Apple doesn't agree.

6. Swiss-G macrumors 6502a

Swiss-G

My wife has an iPad 3 running 8.2 without any issues.

7. MarcoCapa thread starter macrumors regular

I have made the update... Is not very bad at all! Maybe better responsive than iOS 7.1.2...
    Definintely a workhorse this iPad 3 :D:D:D:D:D

8. Ggvfvgbffbf macrumors member

No real change TBH. It seemed slightly faster at first, but give it 24hrs or so and the animations, keyboard lag, were back to 'normal'...

The 'this webpage encountered an error and had to be reloaded' Safari bug is noticeably worse (for me) on 8.2 that it was under the previous few updates.