Ios 8.3 apple locks down access to 'documents' in apps

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Wegee, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Wegee macrumors member

Really bad news for who (like me) don't use itunes/icloud backup but instead uses the itunes alternatives like syncios, itools etc.
    From ios 8.3 seems impossible to get access to the app document-share to backup data app-by-app. The only way to do a selective backup is now gone, it was perfect damn apple.

Anyone has found a solution already?

2. saudor macrumors 6502

I downgraded to iOS 8.2 since the signing window is still open. guess I'll be stuck on this version forever.

3. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

from what I read on other posts software like iTools etc. need to have updates which the vendors are working on. Apple locked down some stuff for security reasons.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Locking down IOS is a positive not a negative.

5. Interstellar macrumors newbie

If it's for security reasons though, I'm compelled to accept it.

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

I lost my Agent Alice and Maze Runner game progress bc of that stupidity!

7. I7guy macrumors G5

That's what Apple said, at least. It its for security reasons I'm for it as well.

8. Wegee, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

Wegee thread starter macrumors member

Well, they can say it's for security reasons, but is nothing new that they just want to be in control of the device. It's a shame because this made really easy to manage savegames or other apps and restore the device: I helped many friends with itools and syncios when they had problems with their device (and for a reason or another it happened a lot).

Anyway, doing some research, and waiting for the developers to update their apps, I found out that we can extract from the backup the data we want and put it back, It's not much convenient but is something.

update: donwgraded to 8.2 both on iphone and ipad and I'm fine like this, the selective backup is too useful to me now.