iOS 8.3 Beta 2 iCloud Backup issue (6 Plus)

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I have having trouble backing up my iPhone 6 plus on 8.3 b2. It progresses then comes up with this error:

I have tried the following methods which did not work:
-sign out/in to iCloud
-hard reset
-turn of photos in backup
-repeated all those options multiple times

Any help?!
I can answer any questions to help solve this for me!

Device info:
iPhone 6 Plus
iOS 8.3 Beta 2
More than half storage available on device
More than half of iCloud data not used (9.5gb used of 20gb)

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I'm having the same issue on my 6. I was just about to come here and post about it

I somehow solved it by the way most people would give up on. I just kept tapping backup after each failed attempt after the eighth try, it worked. Strange... Let me know how it works out for you.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I occasionally get this but doing a manual backup and leaving the device alone until it has completed usually fixes things.
iCloud backups since I got my 6+ have been temperamental to say the least. With my i5 and i4 the auto backup would begin pretty much the moment I plugged my phone into charge. I would connect the charger, go to the bathroom to wash and when I came to bed 15 mins later the backup had been done.

Nowadays I can go two weeks without an auto backup because it never happens. As I leave my phone in airplane mode whilst it charges overnight, the phone never gets a chance to backup. Previously it did it in the small window whilst I brushed my teeth and before I turned Airplane mode on when I climbed into bed. I find that these days the phone needs to be left unattended for quite some time before an auto backup commences.

Solver

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Had the same issue. I solved it by deleting the old iCloud backup and having it make a new one.