iOS 8.3 Beta 2 iCloud Backup issue (6 Plus)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Zmanbaseball2, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I have having trouble backing up my iPhone 6 plus on 8.3 b2. It progresses then comes up with this error:
    [​IMG]
    I have tried the following methods which did not work:
    -sign out/in to iCloud
    -hard reset
    -turn of photos in backup
    -repeated all those options multiple times

Any help?!
    I can answer any questions to help solve this for me!

Device info:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    iOS 8.3 Beta 2
    More than half storage available on device
    More than half of iCloud data not used (9.5gb used of 20gb)

2. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

I'm having the same issue on my 6. I was just about to come here and post about it

3. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I somehow solved it by the way most people would give up on. I just kept tapping backup after each failed attempt after the eighth try, it worked. Strange... Let me know how it works out for you.

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I occasionally get this but doing a manual backup and leaving the device alone until it has completed usually fixes things.
    iCloud backups since I got my 6+ have been temperamental to say the least. With my i5 and i4 the auto backup would begin pretty much the moment I plugged my phone into charge. I would connect the charger, go to the bathroom to wash and when I came to bed 15 mins later the backup had been done.

Nowadays I can go two weeks without an auto backup because it never happens. As I leave my phone in airplane mode whilst it charges overnight, the phone never gets a chance to backup. Previously it did it in the small window whilst I brushed my teeth and before I turned Airplane mode on when I climbed into bed. I find that these days the phone needs to be left unattended for quite some time before an auto backup commences.

5. Solver macrumors 6502a

Had the same issue. I solved it by deleting the old iCloud backup and having it make a new one.

6. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

^This worked for me, too.

7. Zmanbaseball2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I did that then backed up 8 times or so until it actually competed the backup.

8. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

It's like it needs a kick-start to begin backing up right. Backs up correctly every time now.