iOS 8.3, MacRumors, and YouTube app

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by teddyc, Apr 10, 2015.

1. teddyc macrumors newbie

This is a weird one. I keep an icon for MacRumors on the home screen of my iPhone 5S–have had it for a couple of years, check it daily. Since updating to 8.3 yesterday, touching that icon takes me to MacRumors for about three seconds, at which point the YouTube app launches and displays the MacRumors YouTube videos page.

I tried deleting the icon and creating a new one–same result. It does NOT happen if I navigate to MacRumors.com via Safari. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the YouTube app., which didn't help either. Nor did rebooting phone. Suggestions appreciated.

2. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

I have the same exact issue with my iPad mini (1st gen), and my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.3), except the youtube app never opens all the way and crashes. :confused:

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Call an exorcist!
    That's a tough one to explain. I use a Safari bookmark so fortunately don't encounter this issue.

4. teddyc thread starter macrumors newbie

I should have mentioned that my YouTube app also crashes about half the time while opening. I think we have the same affliction!

5. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

But, if I open the youtube app, it works fine.

6. theonekcrow, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

Hmmm... That is a weird bug. I know about the force redirect in safari. It is annoying. I wish there was some way to catch it.