iOS 8.3 messages laggy/buggy

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by wendel7, Apr 25, 2015.

1. wendel7 macrumors newbie

Does anyone else have an issue with their messages app? When I am typing, the letters that pop up above the ones you type stay there until I type a new one. Also, sometimes they just stay there indefinitely until I close messages. Also the app just seems kind of slow overall.
    I'm on an iPhone 6

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Some people have reported seeing this behavior (the keyboard keys being stuck in a sense) in general after the 8.3 update.

3. wendel7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great! Well kind of... It's just nice to not be the only person with this issue.

4. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

5. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

6. Jayson A macrumors 68000

Weird. I do not seem to have this problem. Try clearing all of your messages.

7. gmintz09 macrumors member

The messages app has always been buggy for me since I got my 6 plus. Not sure if it's device specific or iOS-specific, but it often freezes or crashes. Plus the third-party keyboards are a nightmare to get working consistently.

8. bgro macrumors 6502a

my 6+ is so buggy after 8.3. same issue with messages. and safari sucks too (not snappy). i miss the old days when iOS was buttery smooth.

9. Altis macrumors 68010

My 6 has also been quite buggy with the Messages app, to this day. It will randomly refuse to send an iMessage and immediately claim it's "undelivered". It only works if I delete it and send it again, or if I force it to send as text message. Does this a few times a day at random.

I don't even use any third party keyboards.

10. Shelbyz macrumors newbie

I have no troubles on my i5, but my wife did mention something about this. Heh, thought it's just her doing something...