iOS 8.4 b3 music app questions

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by pitt1717, Jun 9, 2015.

1. pitt1717 macrumors regular

so using the music app along the bottom only my music playlist and radio are displayed. i can't add anything else along the bottom. i also don't have the login pic in the top left like on the apple site. is it me or this is how it is until the final?

also, is there no way to sort by genre anymore. been using pandora and trying to come back

lastly, iTunes match....is it still relevant or i beats 1 taking it over? would i still be paying 25 a year and an additional 10 a month?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

What more do you need along the bottom? Those are now the only 3 tabs.

Sorting by genre is in the 'My Music' tab... because that's where your music is.

iTunes Match is still relevant, especially if you have no intention of giving apple $120/yr.

3. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

To sort by Genre (or Albums, Songs, Composers or Compilations) go to the Main page of the Music App (make sure "My Music is selected") and below the "Recently Added" album artwork you will see what the list is sorted as (in my screenshot on the left below it is currently Sorted by "Artists" (the text is in Red). If you tap "Artists" like in my screen shot, then you will see a panel pop up where you can select how to sort (see screenshot on the right).

File Jun 10, 12 33 30 PM.png File Jun 10, 12 37 34 PM.png