iOS 8.4 Broke My Music

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Confuzzeled23, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey,

So I had over 50 GB of music on my iPhone. Since updating to 8.4 it now is listed as "other" under iTunes and does not show on my phone at all. Will I have to wipe my phone?

Thanks.

2. Silent99, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015

Silent99 macrumors member

I updated iTunes, my Mac and my iPhone and after I synced my iPhone with my Mac it deleted all of my playlists from my phone and there is no longer an option in iTunes to select which playlists get synced to my phone. This is very frustrating. It seems as though Apple is trying to force everyone's music into the cloud. This would cause too much cellular data usage for me. On the phone with Apple support trying to figure out how to get my playlists back. This is a very bad decision on Apple's part doing this.

Update: To anyone else facing this issue, You'll need to turn off iCloud Music Library in the settings of your iPhone and iTunes. After this, I saw the option to sync playlists in iTunes again and re synced my iPhone.

3. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update. I synced with iTunes and it fixed the issue, the "other" turned into "music" after the sync. No issues as of right now. Thanks.

4. joesegh macrumors 6502

Did the iOS 8.4 update DELETE all of your local music?

Do I seriously have to re-sync? What the **** year is it?

5. Confuzzeled23 thread starter macrumors regular

It wasn't a full re-sync, it mainly just synced the Genius information and it somehow fixed the issue or the phone not seeing the local music that was still on the phone. So it was a quick sync. But yes, this is still unacceptable for a major release in my opinion.

6. joesegh macrumors 6502

I just checked and from a free storage perspective, my music is still on the device. It's just not exposed in the application. Guess I'll try to re-sync when I get home in a few days.