Ios 8.4 Cellular data leak?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mariachi4, Aug 11, 2015.

1. mariachi4 macrumors member

There are so many bugs after upgrading to 8.4, the one it bugs me a lot is the hidden cellular data usage.

After upgrading to iOS 8.4 i noticed it uses lots more cellular data than before. And my data was empty before my bill cut off date. I have turned off Apple music, location service and background refresh. I thought it was my phone, so I wiped everything from my iphone 5s, did a hard reset and a clean install (not backup from iCloud). After that, the problem still exists, called my local provider and they said its a iOS 8.4 bug.

Now, if i check in Settings > Cellular Data Usage > Current period it says 16.1MB (this is a lot since i only used whatsapp, text only, and Nike+ running app once)
    When i add up everything from "Use cellular data for:" it is 15 MB (including system services). So no idea where the 1.1 MB go.

Anyone has this problem as well?

2. cynics macrumors G3

It rounding to the nearest tenths and once over 100 it rounds to the nearest megabyte so obviously their will be a discrepancy adding them up. Lol

3. I7guy macrumors G5

This question seems to come around with every release. Nobody really seems to know why iOS uses cellular data. I have an unlimited data plan and turn of cellular data when I don't want the radios on.the only thing i seem to miss is sms.

4. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Check all your apps in settings, some annoyingly have feedback to the developer turned on by default, and that can add up with apps you use a lot. Turn off push for mail.

5. mariachi4 thread starter macrumors member

I have already turned off everything that requires push. Also i have updated to 8.4.1. last week, seems the problem still exist. I have called my local provider to check the current data usage and it is in line what is mentioned in Settings > Cellular Data Usage > Current period. But i have no idea why the data count is so high. Anyways, my solution for now is every time i go outside i will turn on cellular data, and when there is wifi available, i will turn off cellular data. It helps a bit but its not the most convenient solution.

Luckily you have unlimited data, so there is no concern for how much data you use. I have a 500MB/ month plan...

6. I7guy macrumors G5

500mb in today's day and age is nothing. I have months I don't even use a gig, other months 7 or 8 gig.

7. mariachi4 thread starter macrumors member

Exactly, that is why the MBs are really precious to me.